Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Russian Level 4 (30, 30-min. daily lessons + Reading Lessons) Mobile app with interactive learning and review tools teaches speaking, understanding, and reading. Modified version available for desktop.
Pimsleur Premium Makes Learning Russian Easy
• 30-minute core lessons you can take anywhere, or do at home with Amazon® Alexa®.
• Sync progress across all your mobile devices.
• Individual progress tracking for one main account holder and up to 3 additional household members.
• Hands-free mode makes it easy to learn anywhere.
• Great review options including Skills categories, digital flash cards, Quick Match Quiz, and Speed Round.
• Speak Easy conversation practice lets you role-play while reviewing your conversations’ written transcripts.
Every level of Pimsleur Russian Premium contains approximately 15 hours of audio language instruction in 30 daily lessons featuring the proven Pimsleur Method, plus
• Reading Lessons to introduce you to reading,
• 300 digital flash cards allow you to practice, brush up, or review,
• And with the Quick Match interactive phrase game, you get 300 questions to challenge you.
• 30 Speak Easy conversations allow you to fine-tune conversational skills and perfect your accent,
• 30 spectacular high resolution travel photographs to inspire and enhance your cultural education,
• 30 light bulb moments to connect culture and history to your language learning.
Over 50 years ago, Dr. Paul Pimsleur developed a method that transformed language learning. Since then, millions have used this system to begin to speak and understand a new language quickly. You can too.
• Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
• Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
• Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
• Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
• Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
• Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
• Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
• Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
With Premium mobile, you learn fast as you roam free.
Still only 30 minutes a day, Pimsleur Premium is completely portable, and audio lessons are hands-free; you can do them in the car, at the gym, or while out for a walk. Lessons sync across devices, so while you’re free to ramble, the app keeps your language learning firmly on track.
Digital flash cards and the Quick Match interactive phrase game provide listening and reading practice and review, and Speak Easy conversations help you to engage with the language. They pull you into the culture, fixing rhythm and intonation in your mind, and help you to develop a near-native accent.
Every course is painstakingly crafted to highlight and explore the culture where your new language is spoken. Pimsleur Premium features high-resolution photos with light bulb captions that delight and inform, and cover everything from art and architecture, to festivals, history, vivid landscapes, and cultural curiosities.
What You’ll Learn
Builds upon skills taught in Levels 1, 2, and 3.
Level 4 covers a variety of everyday topics. You’ll be speaking and understanding with near-fluency and with considerable skill. In Level 4, the pace and conversation move more rapidly, making way for even more substantial mastery of vocabulary and structures.
Some topics included in Russian Level 4 are:
• Activities - the course starts with getting downtown from the airport, and includes summer vacation travels and visiting the Black Sea. You’ll learn to ask for recommendations, give advice, and make appointments. Other activities include – yoga, sports discussions, going to a film festival, attending a parade, dressing up, shopping, cooking, exploring the countryside, and overnight train rides.
• Culture - you’ll learn about the Russian school system, Russian weddings and gift giving, holidays such as New Year and Christmas, visiting a Russian home and giving housewarming gifts.
• Expressions - improve your conversations with native Russian speakers with useful, daily expressions such as, ”Congratulations!,” “Thank God!,” or “Everything will be OK!” You will also learn how to express your physical wellness and inquire the same of others, as well as giving friendly reminders like – “Don't forget …” “Don't worry!” “Get better!” to name a few.
• Other topics include: colors, family, renting an apartment, describing rooms, and public transportation.
Reading lessons, presented as a short story, are included with this program. These lessons, which build upon the language skills acquired in Levels 1, 2 and 3, are designed to give you practice reading, improve your pronunciation, and to provide new vocabulary. Before you know it, you’ll be reading with the ease and flexibility of a native speaker.
Learning the sound of each letter alone and in culturally distinct combinations allows your brain to process what you’re hearing in the audio lessons from a new and different perspective. It’s a powerful combination that makes Pimsleur different from every other method on the market.
Review on Your Terms
Brush up, or dive deep — it’s all up to you. Reinforce what you’ve learned quickly and effectively with flash cards. Created to help you practice the most-essential vocabulary, the cards contain words and short phrases from the daily audio lessons. The Quick Match interactive phrase game will help you to challenge yourself with longer phrases and sentences in a fun and fast-paced way. All new Skills categories let you view or review by topic, using either a list or a quiz format.
Expand your horizons. Reconnect with your heritage. Travel with confidence.
Experience language learning like never before. Pimsleur Premium: easy, engaging, and fun.
The Russian Language
Russian, one of the six official languages of the United Nations, is the official language in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Krygystan, with an estimated 150 million native speakers around the world. Pimsleur's Russian uses speakers from Moscow and St. Petersburg, which accounts for slight pronunciation differences between speakers, but accurately depicts contemporary spoken Russian.
Pimsleur Premium is designed for use by one registered user, plus up to three household members, and may be installed on unlimited devices for your personal use.
Pimsleur Premium runs on mobile devices for Apple® iOS and most Android™s. A desktop version is available for Mac® or Windows® computers, however not all features are available for desktop. Audio lessons can be streamed on Amazon® Echo® devices using the Alexa® Pimsleur Skill.
Minimum System Requirements
Apple® iOS 11 or greater
Android™ 4.4 or greater
• Most Android smartphones and tablets with 1280 X 720 or larger screen
Pimsleur Skill for Amazon® Echo® Devices
• An Amazon® Echo® device
Pimsleur Premium Desktop
• Broadband Internet connection for installation and program updates
• Minimum 4GB RAM
• Minimum 10GB free disk space
• 1024 x 768 display resolution
• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or AMD processor
• Windows® 7 (32 and 64 bit versions supported)
• Windows® 8.1 (Classic or greater)
• Windows® 10 (32 and 64 bit versions supported)
• Intel Core Duo or faster processor
• Mac® OS X v 10.10 or greater