Pimsleur Portuguese (Brazilian) Level 4 Premium
Pimsleur. The Art of Conversation. Down to a Science.
- Lessons: 30
- ISBN: 9781508235842
List Price: $150.00
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
|Pimsleur Portuguese (Brazilian) Levels 1-5 Premium||
List Price: $575.00
Portuguese (Brazilian) Level 4 (30, 30-min. daily lessons + Reading Lessons) Mobile app and web-based app with interactive learning and review tools teaches speaking, understanding, and reading.
Pimsleur Premium Makes Learning Brazilian Portuguese Easy
• 30-minute core lessons you can take anywhere with the Pimsleur app, or do at home with Amazon® Alexa®, or on your computer.
• Sync progress across all your devices.
• Individual progress tracking for one main account holder and up to 3 additional household members.
• Hands-free mode makes it easy to learn anywhere.
• Great review options including Skills categories, digital flash cards, Quick Match Quiz, and Speed Round.
• Speak Easy conversation practice lets you role-play while reviewing your conversations’ written transcripts.
Every level of Pimsleur Portuguese (Brazilian) Premium contains approximately 15 hours of audio language instruction in 30 daily lessons featuring the proven Pimsleur Method, plus
• Reading Lessons to introduce you to reading,
• 300 digital flash cards allow you to practice, brush up, or review,
• And with the Quick Match interactive phrase game, you get 300 questions to challenge you.
• 30 Speak Easy conversations allow you to fine-tune conversational skills and perfect your accent,
• 30 spectacular high resolution travel photographs to inspire and enhance your cultural education,
• 30 light bulb moments to connect culture and history to your language learning.
Over 50 years ago, Dr. Paul Pimsleur developed a method that transformed language learning. Since then, millions have used this system to begin to speak and understand a new language quickly. You can too.
• Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
• Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
• Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
• Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
• Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
• Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
• Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
• Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
With Pimsleur Premium, you learn fast as you roam free.
Still only 30 minutes a day, Pimsleur Premium is completely portable, and audio lessons are hands-free; you can do them in the car, at the gym, or while out for a walk. Lessons sync across devices, so while you’re free to ramble, the app keeps your language learning firmly on track.
Digital flash cards and the Quick Match interactive phrase game provide listening and reading practice and review, and Speak Easy conversations help you to engage with the language. They pull you into the culture, fixing rhythm and intonation in your mind, and help you to develop a near-native accent.
Every course is painstakingly crafted to highlight and explore the culture where your new language is spoken. Pimsleur Premium features high-resolution photos with light bulb captions that delight and inform, and cover everything from art and architecture, to festivals, history, vivid landscapes, and cultural curiosities.
What You’ll Learn
Builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur’s Brazilian Portuguese Levels 1-3. You’ll be speaking and understanding Portuguese with near-fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills. In Level 4, the pace and conversation move more rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, and approaching native speed and comprehension.
Take a tour of Brazil with native speakers! A few of the topics included in Brazilian Portuguese Level 4:
• Traveling and sight-seeing: touring UNESCO Heritage Sites; exploring famous Brazilian landmarks; discussing architecture, the inauguration of cities and sites, and their architects; seeing spectacles of nature.
• Shopping: purchasing items to brighten up your work space; handicrafts; biojewelry; souvenirs.
• Foreign influences: the impact of immigrants upon the culture, architecture, and lifestyle of Brazil: Ukrainian, Dutch, African, German, Italian influences.
• Environment: respecting wildlife and the vegetation; protecting the environment; fighting pollution.
• Weather: discussing the temperature; speaking about rain, snow, heat; and protecting oneself from sunburn.
• Accommodations: making reservations and discussing being lodged at bungalows, bed and breakfasts, or hotels.
• Activities: biking; hiking on island trails; strolling on the cobblestone streets of Olinda; watching the sunset; walking one's dog; riding a buggy on the Dunes of Marapé; drawing; taking nature photos; taking a cruise or canoe ride; camping in the Pantanal; going on a safari; watching soap operas; attending soccer matches; what one does to relax.
• Vacationing: discussing lodging; making plans during the rainy or dry seasons; choosing how many days to do something for; exploring the jungle; going to art galleries and poetry soirees.
• Family: talking about relatives and their jobs or marital status; discussing uncles, nephews and nieces, cousins, and grandparents; family sizes and habits.
• Wildlife and pets: talking about everything from cats and dogs to alligators, giant river otters, and the famous tuiuiús.
• Recipes / Food: ordering or trying Brazilian dishes; discussing preparation and ingredients; expressing likes and preferences; exploring regional specialties; tasting and describing qualities of drink and food; talking about allergies and foods that you adore or detest.
• More advanced grammar: talking about things in the past and the future; discussing things one would do or places one would live; using double negatives; hoping and daydreaming; saying what one would have done; and dropping pronouns.
After Lesson 30, an original short story, broken down into 20 manageable segments (over one hour), is provided for practice reading Brazilian Portuguese.
Review on Your Terms
Brush up, or dive deep — it’s all up to you. Reinforce what you’ve learned quickly and effectively with flash cards. Created to help you practice the most-essential vocabulary, the cards contain words and short phrases from the daily audio lessons. The Quick Match interactive phrase game will help you to challenge yourself with longer phrases and sentences in a fun and fast-paced way. All new Skills categories let you view or review by topic, using either a list or a quiz format.
Expand your horizons. Reconnect with your heritage. Travel with confidence.
Experience language learning like never before. Pimsleur Premium: easy, engaging, and fun.
The Brazilian Portuguese Language
Portuguese is the mother tongue of about 230 million people, mainly in Portugal and the Portuguese islands in the Atlantic, Brazil, and Portugal’s former overseas provinces in Africa and Asia. Pimsleur’s Brazilian Portuguese teaches the São Paulo metropolitan dialect.
Pimsleur Premium is designed for use by one registered user, plus up to three household members, and may be installed on unlimited devices for your personal use.
Pimsleur Premium runs on mobile devices for Apple® iOS and most Android™ devices. A desktop version is available for Mac® or Windows® computers. Audio lessons can be streamed on Amazon® Echo® devices using the Alexa® Pimsleur Skill.
Minimum System Requirements
Pimsleur Mobile App
• Apple® iOS 11 or greater
• Android™ 7 or greater
• Most Android smartphones and tablets with 1280 X 720 or larger screen
• Internet connection required
• Chrome, Firefox, Safari browser (latest version recommended)
Pimsleur Skill for Amazon® Echo® Devices
• An Amazon® Echo® device