Pimsleur French Level 2 Premium
Pimsleur. The Art of Conversation. Down to a Science.
- Lessons: 30
- ISBN: 9781508295174
List Price: $150.00
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Buy Together and Save! Choose a Bundle
|Pimsleur French Levels 1-2 Premium||
List Price: $300.00
|Pimsleur French Levels 1-5 Premium||
List Price: $575.00
French Level 2 (30, 30-min. daily lessons + Reading Lessons) Mobile app and web-based app with interactive learning and review tools teaches speaking, understanding, and reading.
Pimsleur Premium Makes Learning French Easy
• 30-minute core lessons you can take anywhere with the Pimsleur app, or do at home with Amazon® Alexa®, or on your computer.
• Sync progress across all your devices.
• Individual progress tracking for one main account holder and up to 3 additional household members.
• Hands-free mode makes it easy to learn anywhere.
• Great review options including Skills categories, digital flash cards, Quick Match Quiz, and Speed Round.
• Speak Easy conversation practice lets you role-play while reviewing your conversations’ written transcripts.
Every level of Pimsleur French Premium contains approximately 15 hours of audio language instruction in 30 daily lessons featuring the proven Pimsleur Method, plus
• Reading Lessons to introduce you to reading,
• 300 digital flash cards allow you to practice, brush up, or review,
• And with the Quick Match interactive phrase game, you get 300 questions to challenge you.
• 30 Speak Easy conversations allow you to fine-tune conversational skills and perfect your accent,
• 30 spectacular high resolution travel photographs to inspire and enhance your cultural education,
• 30 light bulb moments to connect culture and history to your language learning.
Over 50 years ago, Dr. Paul Pimsleur developed a method that transformed language learning. Since then, millions have used this system to begin to speak and understand a new language quickly. You can too.
• Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
• Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
• Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
• Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
• Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
• Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
• Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
• Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
With Pimsleur Premium, you learn fast as you roam free.
Still only 30 minutes a day, Pimsleur Premium is completely portable, and audio lessons are hands-free; you can do them in the car, at the gym, or while out for a walk. Lessons sync across devices, so while you’re free to ramble, the app keeps your language learning firmly on track.
Digital flash cards and the Quick Match interactive phrase game provide listening and reading practice and review, and Speak Easy conversations help you to engage with the language. They pull you into the culture, fixing rhythm and intonation in your mind, and help you to develop a near-native accent.
Every course is painstakingly crafted to highlight and explore the culture where your new language is spoken. Pimsleur Premium features high-resolution photos with light bulb captions that delight and inform, and cover everything from art and architecture, to festivals, history, vivid landscapes, and cultural curiosities.
What You’ll Learn
With this newest edition of French 2, we reflect the general trend in France toward casual interaction and have updated vocabulary and structures. What you are learning is neither stilted “textbook” French, nor “street” French, but rather everyday French as spoken in France.
Builds upon skills taught in Level 1.
In the first 10 lessons you’ll begin using the past tense. Structures become more complex and informal speech is introduced. Soon you’ll take part in conversations about ordering meals, shopping, and local tourist attractions. As you progress, your fluency will increase as your vocabulary expands.
The next 10 lessons will allow you to further combine and build upon known elements, and produce longer and more complex sentences. You’ll be discussing business and social activities, expressing your interests, and talking about the weather.
In the final 10 lessons you’ll double your vocabulary and have several hundred structures to draw upon. You’ll learn to express yourself with relative structures – faster, slower, etc. You’ll be able to ask for assistance in many situations and to ask for directions to various locations. You’ll explore sports and leisure activities, manage changing money and banking, and discuss travel plans. By the end of the program, you’ll be speaking at a mid-intermediate level with near-native pronunciation, and you’ll be comfortable meeting most social demands and limited job requirements.
Reading lessons are included with this program. These lessons, which build upon the language skills acquired in Level 1, are designed to give you practice reading, improve your pronunciation, and to provide new vocabulary.
Learning the sound of each letter alone and in culturally distinct combinations allows your brain to process what you’re hearing in the audio lessons from a new and different perspective. It’s a powerful combination that makes Pimsleur different from every other method on the market.
Review on Your Terms
Brush up, or dive deep — it’s all up to you. Reinforce what you’ve learned quickly and effectively with flash cards. Created to help you practice the most-essential vocabulary, the cards contain words and short phrases from the daily audio lessons. The Quick Match interactive phrase game will help you to challenge yourself with longer phrases and sentences in a fun and fast-paced way. All new Skills categories let you view or review by topic, using either a list or a quiz format.
Expand your horizons. Reconnect with your heritage. Travel with confidence.
Experience language learning like never before. Pimsleur Premium: easy, engaging, and fun.
The French Language
French is spoken by 55 million speakers in France, 3 million in Belgium, 1.5 million in Switzerland, 6.5 million in Canada, and 5 million in former French and Belgian colonies. It is an official language in 44 countries and an official language of the United Nations. An estimated 50 million people around the world speak French as a second language.
Pimsleur Premium is designed for use by one registered user, plus up to three household members, and may be installed on unlimited devices for your personal use.
Pimsleur Premium runs on mobile devices for Apple® iOS and most Android™ devices. A desktop version is available for Mac® or Windows® computers. Audio lessons can be streamed on Amazon® Echo® devices using the Alexa® Pimsleur Skill.
Minimum System Requirements
Pimsleur Mobile App
• Apple® iOS 11 or greater
• Android™ 7 or greater
• Most Android smartphones and tablets with 1280 X 720 or larger screen
• Internet connection required
• Chrome, Firefox, Safari browser (latest version recommended)
Pimsleur Skill for Amazon® Echo® Devices
• An Amazon® Echo® device
Call us with questions