Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
|Pimsleur Arabic (Modern Standard) Levels 1-3 Premium||
List Price: $350.00
Modern Standard Arabic Level 3 (30, 30-min. daily lessons + Reading Lessons) Mobile app and web-based app with interactive learning and review tools teaches speaking, understanding, and reading.
Pimsleur Premium Makes Learning Modern Standard Arabic Easy
• 30-minute core lessons you can take anywhere with the Pimsleur app, or do at home with Amazon® Alexa®, or on your computer.
• Sync progress across all your devices.
• Individual progress tracking for one main account holder and up to 3 additional household members.
• Hands-free mode makes it easy to learn anywhere.
• Great review options including Skills categories, digital flash cards, Quick Match Quiz, and Speed Round.
• Speak Easy conversation practice lets you role-play while reviewing your conversations’ written transcripts.
Every level of Pimsleur Modern Standard Arabic Premium contains approximately 15 hours of audio language instruction in 30 daily lessons featuring the proven Pimsleur Method, plus
• Reading Lessons to introduce you to reading,
• 300 digital flash cards allow you to practice, brush up, or review,
• And with the Quick Match interactive phrase game, you get 300 questions to challenge you.
• 30 Speak Easy conversations allow you to fine-tune conversational skills and perfect your accent,
• 30 spectacular high resolution travel photographs to inspire and enhance your cultural education,
• 30 light bulb moments to connect culture and history to your language learning.
Over 50 years ago, Dr. Paul Pimsleur developed a method that transformed language learning. Since then, millions have used this system to begin to speak and understand a new language quickly. You can too.
• Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
• Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
• Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
• Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
• Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
• Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
• Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
• Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
With Pimsleur Premium, you learn fast as you roam free.
Still only 30 minutes a day, Pimsleur Premium is completely portable, and audio lessons are hands-free; you can do them in the car, at the gym, or while out for a walk. Lessons sync across devices, so while you’re free to ramble, the app keeps your language learning firmly on track.
Digital flash cards and the Quick Match interactive phrase game provide listening and reading practice and review, and Speak Easy conversations help you to engage with the language. They pull you into the culture, fixing rhythm and intonation in your mind, and help you to develop a near-native accent.
Every course is painstakingly crafted to highlight and explore the culture where your new language is spoken. Pimsleur Premium features high-resolution photos with light bulb captions that delight and inform, and cover everything from art and architecture, to festivals, history, vivid landscapes, and cultural curiosities.
What You’ll Learn
Builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur’s Modern Standard Arabic Level 2.
In the first 10 lessons, you will expand your vocabulary and increase your fluency to an even higher level. You’ll gain experience participating in many informal and some formal discussions on practical, social, and semiprofessional topics. You’ll skillfully form longer, more complex sentences, and most importantly, you’ll find yourself being understood, even by native speakers unused to dealing with foreigners. You’ll be able to join in conversations eagerly, confident of being understood.
In the next 10 lessons, your skills will demonstrate ever-increasing mastery of Modern Standard Arabic. Speaking with grace and complete naturalness, you’ll enjoy fluid conversations on many new subjects. Delving deeper into cultural norms and situations, you’ll find yourself responding effortlessly, and able to choose from a wide accumulation of vocabulary and structures.
In the final 10 lessons, you’re nearing fluency with agile responses, and a natural sounding, near-native accent. You’re able to utilize the language in subtle ways, and speak using past, present, and future tenses. Self-confidence soars as you no longer experience the language and culture as a foreigner, but as someone with a deepening insight into the Arabic-speaking world.
Reading Lessons, which build upon the reading skills acquired in Levels 1 & 2, are included. These lessons are designed to give you practice reading Arabic. You'll be reading words, phrases, and short sentences using familiar vocabulary as well as new vocabulary.
Learning the sound of each letter alone and in culturally distinct combinations allows your brain to process what you’re hearing in the audio lessons from a new and different perspective. It’s a powerful combination that makes Pimsleur different from every other method on the market.
Review on Your Terms
Brush up, or dive deep — it’s all up to you. Reinforce what you’ve learned quickly and effectively with flash cards. Created to help you practice the most-essential vocabulary, the cards contain words and short phrases from the daily audio lessons. The Quick Match interactive phrase game will help you to challenge yourself with longer phrases and sentences in a fun and fast-paced way. All new Skills categories let you view or review by topic, using either a list or a quiz format.
Expand your horizons. Reconnect with your heritage. Travel with confidence.
Experience language learning like never before. Pimsleur Premium: easy, engaging, and fun.
The Modern Standard Arabic Language
Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), also known as Standard Arabic or Literary Arabic, is the variety of Arabic used in writing and in formal speech. MSA is spoken by an estimated 300 million people world-wide. It is one of the six official languages of the United Nations. Modern Standard Arabic is the official language of all Arab countries, and is the only form of Arabic taught in schools at all levels. Because of this, MSA is the lingua franca of all educated Arabic speakers, regardless of nationality or spoken native dialect. It is used in the news, schools, official documents, and courts of law. MSA bears great resemblance to Classical Arabic; the language of ancient poetry and the Qur'an. The Arabic alphabet contains 28 basic letters and is read from right to left.
Pimsleur Premium is designed for use by one registered user, plus up to three household members, and may be installed on unlimited devices for your personal use.
Pimsleur Premium runs on mobile devices for Apple® iOS and most Android™ devices. A desktop version is available for Mac® or Windows® computers. Audio lessons can be streamed on Amazon® Echo® devices using the Alexa® Pimsleur Skill.
Minimum System Requirements
Pimsleur Mobile App
• Apple® iOS 11 or greater
• Android™ 7 or greater
• Most Android smartphones and tablets with 1280 X 720 or larger screen
• Internet connection required
• Chrome, Firefox, Safari browser (latest version recommended)
Pimsleur Skill for Amazon® Echo® Devices
• An Amazon® Echo® device