Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
French Level 3 (30, 30-min. daily lessons) Software + mobile app with interactive tools: Audio lessons teach speaking, understanding, and reading. Review tools include digital flash cards and Quick Match quiz, and Speak Easy conversation practice.
Every Level of Pimsleur French Unlimited contains approximately 15 hours of audio language instruction in 30 daily lessons featuring the proven Pimsleur Method, plus ...
• Up to 20 Reading Lessons to introduce you to reading,
• 300 digital flash cards allow you to practice, brush up, or review,
• And with the Quick Match interactive phrase game, you get 300 questions to challenge you.
• 30 Speak Easy conversations allow you to fine-tune conversational skills and perfect your accent,
• 30 spectacular high resolution travel photographs to inspire and enhance your cultural education,
• 30 light bulb moments to connect culture and history to your language learning.
Over 50 years ago, Dr. Paul Pimsleur developed a method that transformed language learning. Since then, millions have used this system to begin to speak and understand a new language quickly. You can too.
• Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
• Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
• Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
• Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
• Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
• Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
• Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
• Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
With Unlimited mobile, you learn fast as you roam free.
Still only 30 minutes a day, Pimsleur Unlimited is completely portable, and audio lessons are hands-free; you can do them in the car, at the gym, or while out for a walk. Lessons sync across devices, so while you’re free to ramble, the app keeps your language learning firmly on track.
Digital flash cards and the Quick Match interactive phrase game provide listening and reading practice and review, and Speak Easy conversations help you to engage with the language. They pull you into the culture, fixing rhythm and intonation in your mind, and helping you to develop a near-native accent.
Every course is painstakingly crafted to highlight and explore the culture where your new language is spoken. Pimsleur Unlimited features high-res photos with light bulb captions that delight and inform, and covering everything from art and architecture, to festivals, history, vivid landscapes, and cultural curiosities.
What You’ll Learn
Builds upon skills taught in Levels 1 and 2.
In the first 10 lessons, you will expand your vocabulary and increase your fluency to an even higher level. You’ll gain experience participating in many informal and some formal discussions on practical, social, and semiprofessional topics. You’ll skillfully form longer, more complex sentences, and most importantly, you’ll find yourself being understood, even by native speakers unused to dealing with foreigners. You’ll be able to join in conversations eagerly, confident of being understood.
In the next 10 lessons, your skills will demonstrate ever-increasing mastery. Speaking with grace and complete naturalness, you’ll enjoy fluid conversations on many new subjects. Delving deeper into cultural norms and situations, you’ll find yourself responding effortlessly, and able to choose from a wide accumulation of vocabulary and structures.
In the final 10 lessons, you’re nearing fluency with agile responses, and a natural sounding, near-native accent. You’re able to utilize the language in subtle ways, and speak using past, present, and future tenses. Self-confidence soars as you no longer experience the language and culture as a foreigner, but as someone with deepening insight into the language and culture.
Twenty reading lessons are included with this program. These lessons, which build upon the language skills acquired in Levels 1 and 2, are designed to give you practice reading, improve your pronunciation, and to provide new vocabulary. Before you know it, you’ll be reading with the ease and flexibility of a native speaker.
Learning the sound of each letter alone and in culturally distinct combinations allows your brain to process what you’re hearing in the audio lessons from a new and different perspective. It’s a powerful combination that makes Pimsleur different from every other method on the market.
Review on Your Terms
Reinforce what you’ve learned quickly and effectively with flash cards. Created to help you practice the most-essential vocabulary, the cards contain words and short phrases from the daily audio lessons. The Quick Match interactive phrase game will help you to challenge yourself with longer phrases and sentences in a fun and fast-paced way. Brush up, or dive deep — it’s all up to you.
Expand Your Horizons. Reconnect with Your Heritage. Travel with Confidence.
Experience language learning like never before. Pimsleur Unlimited: easy, engaging, and fun.
The French Language
French is spoken by 55 million speakers in France, 3 million in Belgium, 1.5 million in Switzerland, 6.5 million in Canada, and 5 million in former French and Belgian colonies. It is an official language in 44 countries and an official language of the United Nations. An estimated 50 million people around the world speak French as a second language.
Pimsleur Unlimited is designed for use by one registered user, plus up to three household members, and may be installed on up to four devices.
Pimsleur Unlimited runs on MAC or PC computers, and on mobile devices for iOS and most Androids.
Minimum System Requirements
Pimsleur Unlimited Desktop
• Broadband Internet connection for installation and program updates
• Minimum 4GB RAM
• Minimum 10GB free disk space
• 1024 x 768 display resolution
• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or AMD processor
• Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit versions supported);
• Windows 8.1 (Classic or greater)
• Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit versions supported);
• Intel Core Duo or faster processor
• Mac OS X v 10.7 or greater
Pimsleur Unlimited Mobile
• Wi-Fi for installation and syncing progress across devices
iOS 9 or greater
• iPhone 5 or larger screen
Android 5 or greater
• Most Android smartphones and tablets with 1280 X 720 or larger screen