Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons (150 minutes) as MP3 download
Pimsleur® equals success. Just one 30-minute lesson a day gets you speaking and understanding like no other program.
This course includes Lessons 11-15 from the Vietnamese Level 1 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Vietnamese.
The Vietnamese Language
Vietnamese is spoken by some 80 million people in Vietnam and approximately 2 million people overseas. Vietnamese has 3 main dialects: northern, central, and southern. Pimsleur's Vietnamese teaches the contemporary Hanoi (northern) dialect, which is the widely-spoken standard Vietnamese.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Lesson time of 1/2 hour
- Perfects Accent
- No writing component
- Just for fun
Comments about Vietnamese Phase 1, Unit 11-15:
I have studied Spanish and wanted to try a completely different language. Chose Vietnamese because it's tonal. The program has made me more conscious of pronunciation and has sharpened my Spanish. I am on lesson 14 and when I go back and review lessons I'm amazed that I have retained so much. It Works. One issue: why no written material? Sometimes it would help to see in order to clear up something that I can't hear well. But other then that great program. Look forward to doing the lessons everyday.
Service and delivery comments:
Downloaded program. No problems.