Urdu Phase 1, Units 1-30
Learn to Speak and Understand Urdu with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3 ( Also available in: CD )
- Lessons: 30
- ISBN: 9780743596671
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $119.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 30 lessons and reading instruction (16 hours) as MP3 download, plus PDF user's guide and reading booklet
Urdu is the official language of North India, Pakistan, and Fiji. Pimsleur's Urdu teaches "Hindustani," promoted by Mahatma Gandhi, and only focuses on the Urdu register/dialect of Hindustani. While Standard Urdu may be spoken in Pakistan, most Pakistanis and Indian Muslims speak Hindustani.
The Pimsleur¨ Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You'll be speaking and understanding in no time flat! Urdu Phase 1, Lessons 1-30 includes 15 hours of spoken language practice and one hour of reading instruction in thirty, 30-minute lessons.
- In the first 10 lessons, you'l cover the basics: saying hello, asking for or giving information, scheduling a meal or a meeting, asking for or giving basic directions, and much more. You'll be able to handle minimum courtesy requirements, understand much of what you hear, and be understood at a beginning level, but with near-native pronunciation skills.
- In the next 10 lessons, you'll build on what you've learned. Expand your menu, increase your scheduling abilities from general to specific, start to deal with currency and exchanging money, refine your conversations and add over a hundred new vocabulary items. You'll understand more of what you hear, and be able to participate with speech that is smoother and more confident.
- In the final 10 lessons of Phase 1, you'll be speaking and understanding at an intermediate level. In this phase, more directions are given in the target language, which moves your learning to a whole new plane. Lessons include shopping, visiting friends, going to a restaurant, plans for the evening, car trips, and talking about family. You'll be able to speak comfortably about things that happened in the past and make plans for the future.
Reading Lessons are included at the end of Unit 30 to provide you with an introduction to reading Urdu. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Family background/Heritage
- Just for fun
- Talk To My New In-laws
Comments about Urdu Phase 1, Units 1-30:
I have learned more through this method than Rosetta Stone. People say Rosetta Stone is the number one way to learn a foreign language through immersion. I am a private tutor and TEFL certified instructor and I disagree STRONGLY. Pimsleur is the best method so far that I have EVER encountered. I have already recommended this method on Facebook, blogs, and to all my friends.