Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 16 lessons on 8 CDs
Urdu is the official language of North India, Pakistan, and Fiji. Pimsleur's Urdu teaches "Hindustani," promoted by Mahatma Gandhi, and only focuses on the Urdu register/dialect of Hindustani. While Standard Urdu may be spoken in Pakistan, most Pakistanis and Indian Muslims speak Hindustani.
- Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Urdu language instruction. These sixteen lessons are the same as the first sixteen lesson of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Comprehensive Program.
- Each lesson includes an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures and includes practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary. Topics include: greetings, numbers, meals, shopping, telling time, scheduling activities, and asking and giving directions.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Only 30 lessons
- Family background/Heritage
- Multi-cultural cities
- Pakistani in-laws
Comments about Urdu, Conversational:
It's great in that it continues to repeat words and phrases in later lessons ensuring you don't forget earlier lessons. It uses repetition as a main force of remembering and instilling the information in you..same thing that happens when we learn our native language as children making it a more natural way to learn and retain.
Service and delivery comments:
It would be nice if they had more advanced lessons, they only have 30 lessons and not the 120 lessons they do have in other languages...I really wanted to learn more and based on the first 30 lessons I am eager to learn much more advanced levels using this method of learning languages.