Pimsleur Urdu Level 1 Lessons 26-30 MP3
Learn to Speak and Understand Urdu with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Format: MP3
- Lessons: 5
- ISBN: 9780743596732
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $21.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons and reading instruction as MP3 download (3.5 hrs), plus a Reading Booklet.
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat!
This course includes Lessons 26-30 plus reading instruction from the Urdu Level 1 Program featuring 3.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Urdu.
Reading Lessons are included at the end of Lesson 30 to provide you with an introduction to reading Urdu. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to teach you to sound out words with Urdu pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
The Urdu Language
Urdu is the national language of Pakistan and an official language of the six states in North India with significant Muslim populations. Both Urdu and Hindi are standard registers of the Hindustani language. Before the Partition of India, the terms Hindustani, Urdu, and Hindi were synonymous. Today, though mutually intelligible, they differ in their technical and literary vocabularies with Urdu influenced heavily by Persian and Arabic and Hindi by Sanskrit. There are close to 70 million native speakers of Urdu.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.