Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons (150 minutes) as MP3 download, plus PDF user's guide
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat!
This course includes Lessons 1-5 from the Twi Level 1 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Twi. A User’s Guide is included.
Reading instruction begins in Lesson 2 and provides you with an introduction to reading Twi. These lessons are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
The Twi Language
English is Ghana's official language, however, each ethnic group has a native tongue, some of which include Akan, Dagomba, Ewe, and Ga-Adangme. Twi (Akan language family) is most commonly used in the southern two-thirds of Ghana for communication. Pimsleur's Twi uses native speakers from Accra.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.