Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Surprise your friends! Astonish your family! With Pimsleur®, you’ll be speaking and understanding like a native in no time. 30 minutes a day is all it takes!
This course includes Lessons 6-10 from the Swahili Level 1 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Swahili.
The Swahili Language
Swahili, or Kiswahili, the most widely-spoken African language, is a Bantu language spoken by approximately 5 million native-speakers living mainly along the East African coast from Somalia to the North Africa coastline of Madagascar. Up to an additional 150 million people speak Swahili as a second language. It is recognized as an official national language in Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania. Pimsleur's Swahili teaches Standard Swahili as spoken in and around Nairobi, Kenya.
Written Swahili uses 24 letters from the Roman alphabet, excepting C, Q, and X, and including an additional letter “CH."
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- Immediately Useful Vocab
- Perfects Accent
- Just for fun
Comments about Swahili Phase 1, Unit 06-10:
The audio is clear and the pronounciation is very carefully broken down after the sentence, which is great and Pimsler's Hallmark.
The lessons seem to move a bit slowly but, with the dialogue at the beginning of each lesson, old lessons act as a quick and portable review of vocabulary.
The dialogues of old, completed lessons make a quick and easy way to "warm up" for more advanced lessons.