Pimsleur Swahili Level 1 Lessons 26-30 MP3
Learn to Speak and Understand Swahili with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Format: MP3
- Lessons: 5
- ISBN: 9781442350779
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $21.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons and reading instruction as MP3 download (3.5 hrs), plus a Reading Booklet.
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat!
This course includes Lessons 26-30 plus reading instruction from the Swahili Level 1 Program featuring 3.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Swahili.
Reading Lessons are included to provide you with an introduction to reading Swahili. In addition, the combined Reading Lessons from the entire Level 1 Course are included after Lesson 30. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet is included with your download.
The Swahili Language
Swahili, or Kiswahili, the most widely-spoken African language, is a Bantu language spoken by approximately 5 million native-speakers living mainly along the East African coast from Somalia to the North Africa coastline of Madagascar. Up to an additional 150 million people speak Swahili as a second language. It is recognized as an official national language in Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania. Pimsleur's Swahili teaches Standard Swahili as spoken in and around Nairobi, Kenya.
Written Swahili uses 24 letters from the Roman alphabet, excepting C, Q, and X, and including an additional letter “CH."
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.