Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons as MP3 download (2.5 hrs).
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose.
This course includes Lessons 21-25 from the Russian Level 1 program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Russian.
The Russian Language
Russian, one of the six official languages of the United Nations, is the official language in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Krygystan, with an estimated 150 million native speakers around the world. Pimsleur's Russian uses speakers from Moscow and St. Petersburg, which accounts for slight pronunciation differences between speakers, but accurately depicts contemporary spoken Russian.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- Good Value
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Sold In Small Lessons
- Doesn~'~~t Spell Words
- Does Not Spell Words
Comments about Pimsleur Russian Level 1 Lessons 21-25 MP3:
I have tried several language programs and have found Pimsleur to be the best so far. I like the instructor who leads you through the lessons. Explaining what is being said, the context and so on is very helpful. The one thing I think that could be improved on is sometimes I cannot understand certain letters. A word may end in a "p" or an "f" and I cannot tell which it is. An example is "kilometrov". It sounds like it ends in either an "f" or a "v", but it could also sound like it ends in a "p". It would be helpful if they took more time telling the student how the word is spelled so if the student had a hard time understanding the word they would understand how to pronouce it by the spelling.