Pimsleur Pashto Level 2 Lessons 26-30 MP3
Learn to Speak and Understand Pashto with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Format: MP3
- Lessons: 5
- ISBN: 9781442346680
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $21.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons and reading instruction as MP3 download (3.5 hrs), plus a Reading Booklet.
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat!
This course includes Lessons 26-30 plus reading instruction from the Pashto Level 2 Program featuring 3.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Pashto.
Reading Lessons, which build upon the reading skills acquired in Level 1, are included at the end of Lesson 30. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to give you practice reading Pashto, which uses the modified Arabic alphabet. You'll be reading words, phrases, and short sentences using familiar vocabulary as well as new vocabulary regarding useful topics such as food, colors, travel, shopping, communication, and more. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
The Pashto Language
Pashto is an Iranian language of the Indo-European family spoken by over 17 million people, primarily in Afghanistan and Pakistan. This course teaches the Northern dialect as spoken in Kabul (Afghanistan), which will be understood through all Pashto-speaking regions. Pashto is one of the two official languages of Afghanistan (Dari is the other) and the native tongue of approximately 50 percent of the population there. Although, not an official language in Pakistan, it is spoken by approximately 13% of the population. Pashto uses a modified version of the Arabic alphabet, and is read right to left.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.