Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons and reading instruction (150 minutes) as MP3 download, plus PDF reading booklet
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat! Pashto Phase 1, Units 26-30 build on material taught in prior units. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Each lesson contains practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Pashto. Reading Lessons are included at the end of Unit 30 to provide you with an introduction to reading the Pashto alphabet. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
• Pashto is an Iranian language of the Indo-European family spoken by over 17 million people, primarily in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
• This course teaches the Northern dialect as spoken in Kabul (Afghanistan), which will be understood through all Pashto-speaking regions.
• Pashto is one of the two official languages of Afghanistan (Dari is the other) and the native tongue of approximately 50 percent of the population there.
• Although, not an official language in Pakistan, it is spoken by approximately 13% of the population.
• Pashto uses a modified version of the Arabic alphabet, and is read right to left.
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Family background/Heritage
- Just for fun
Comments about Pashto Phase 1, Unit 26-30:
I listen to the downloads during my work commute. I was quickly able to communicate with native speakers, as the curriculum is geared towards common everyday speech. I understand the grammatical structure and nuances in ways I couldn't gave with just textbook learning. I'm very happy with the product and hope to see Pashto III come out soon.