Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons and reading instruction as MP3 download (2.5 hrs).
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose.
This course includes Lessons 21-25 from the Norwegian Level 1 program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Norwegian.
Reading instruction is included at the end of the each lesson and is designed to teach you to sound out words with correct Norwegian pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included.
The Norwegian Language
Norwegian, the official language of Norway, is spoken by approximately 5 million people, primarily in Norway. There are a great number of dialects spoken in Norway. Pimsleur's Norwegian closely adheres to the pronunciation of the inhabitants of Oslo, the capital of Norway. Norwegian, along with Swedish and Danish comprise a trio of mutually intelligible Scandinavian languages.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Pimsleur Norwegian Level 1 Lessons 21-25 MP3:
Top-notch. I listen to this on my exercise bicycle. The short reading lessons at the end are really helpful in understanding the written language, with its silent letters, combination sounds, and the like. I am starting to be able to read some of the Norwegian text I see on-line.
I'm sorry to say I'm getting near the end of this course, and I'm asking Pimsleur to add a Level 2. I'd buy it.