Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons (150 minutes) as MP3 download, plus PDF user's guide
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat!
This course includes Lesson 1-5 from the Korean Level 2 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Korean. A User’s Guide is included.
The Korean Language
Korean, the native language of about 80 million people, is the official language of both North and South Korea. It is also spoken in neighboring Yanbian, China. There are two standard dialects, Seoul (South Korea) and P'yongyang (North Korea). Pimsleur's Korean teaches the Seoul dialect of South Korea.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Just for fun
Comments about Korean Phase 2, Unit 01-05:
I am planning a trip to Seoul and I decided to try to learn a little bit of the language to enhance my trip. To my surprise, it was very easy and fast with the pimsleur program. I do my lessons on the go when I walk or in my car. I love how the 30 minute lessons build on each other. If I'm not 100% sure about something, it will come up again in the next lesson or two and it will be clearer. There are only a few things I see that could use improvement. One is I wish at the end of the lessons, you would get an overall review/practice session. I sometimes go back to earlier lessons to refresh, but it would be good to have a final refresher including some of every lesson. The other is, some of the expressions are used in only a business setting that don't apply to people you meet. It didn't tell me that and I embarrassed myself. It was funny though.