Pimsleur Italian Level 4 Unlimited Software
Experience the Method That Changed Language Learning Forever - Learn to Speak, Read, and Understand Italian
- Format: Download
- Lessons: 30
- ISBN: 9781442370579
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $150.00
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
|Pimsleur Italian Levels 1-4 Unlimited Software||
List Price: $450.00
Italian Level 4 (30, 30-min. daily lessons) Software application with interactive tools: Reading, conversation practice, flash cards, and Quick Match quiz.
Experience The Method That Changed Language Learning Forever.
Italian Level 4 Unlimited contains approximately 15 hours of audio language instruction in 30 daily lessons featuring the proven Pimsleur Method, plus ...
• 20 Reading Lessons to introduce you to reading,
• 30 Speak Easy conversations allow you to fine-tune conversational skills and perfect your accent,
• 300 digital flash cards allow you to practice, brush up, or review,
• And with the Quick Match interactive phrase game, you get 300 questions to challenge you.
• 30 spectacular high resolution travel photographs to inspire and enhance your cultural education,
Over 50 years ago, Dr. Paul Pimsleur developed a method that transformed language learning. Since then, millions have used this system to begin to speak and understand a new language effortlessly. You can too.
- Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
- Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
- Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
- Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
- Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
- Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
- Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
- Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
Still only 30 minutes a day, Pimsleur daily audio lessons are completely portable. Download them to your phone or tablet for use in the car, at the gym, or while out for a walk. Pimsleur Unlimited harnesses the power of technology, integrating the audio and reading lessons with “Speak Easy” conversations, which pull you into the culture, fixing rhythm and intonation in your mind, and helping you to develop a near-native accent.
What You’ll Learn
Builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur’s Italian Levels 1, 2, and 3.
You’ll be speaking and understanding Italian with near-fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills. In Level 4 the pace and conversation moves more rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, and approaching native speed and comprehension. You’ll learn to speak about your profession, needs, likes and dislikes, and to create complex sentences discussing the past, present and future.
A few of the topics included in Italian Level 4:
- Accommodations: In addition to learning about accommodation options, you’ll inquire about amenities and local activities and events, get help with luggage, and ask about restaurant options and schedules.
- Activities: biking, horseback riding, visiting art galleries, describing abstract qualities, seeing the opera, a theatrical performance or a concert in a variety of venues, sightseeing and touring ruins, churches and palaces. Checking schedules, buying tickets, taking a boat tour, a ferryboat or a cruise, visiting an aquarium or a winery. Attending cultural events and visiting iconic locations.
- Shopping: trying on and buying various items of clothing, asking for colors and sizes, buying gifts and souvenirs, describing qualities of items, finding an ATM, going to an open-air market, haggling over prices, negotiating a discount, discussing shipping options and methods of payment.
- Vacationing: visiting an agriturismo and participating in outdoor activities in a variety of locations, going to the beach or swimming pool. Booking in high or low season, dealing with crowds, getting around using a variety of transportation.
- Dealing with Unforeseen Events – A trip to the emergency room, describing an accident, getting assistance, losing or forgetting personal items, rescheduling an engagement, finding the way on the map.
- Renting or Buying a Home: Learn to talk about desired location and neighborhood, specifying requirements like furnished or unfurnished, describing qualities, views and space requirements.
- Family and friends: conversing informally with and about friends and extended family – cousins, aunts, grandparents; meeting distant relatives, specifying relationships, telling family stories, describing family history, and talking informally about everyday situations.
- Recipes / Food: Trying new food, discussing preparation, expressing likes and preferences, exploring regional specialties, tasting and describing qualities of wine and food.
- Small talk: expressing opinions, wishes, and stating views; asking how someone is feeling, telling stories about people or places.
Review on Your Terms
Reinforce what you’ve learned quickly and effectively with flash cards. Created to help you practice the most-essential vocabulary, the cards contain words and short phrases from the daily audio lessons. The “Quick Match” interactive phrase game will help you to challenge yourself with longer phrases and sentences in a fun and fast-paced way. Brush up, or dive deep — it’s all up to you.
Expand Your Horizons. Reconnect with Your Heritage. Travel with Confidence. Experience language learning like never before. Pimsleur Unlimited: easy, engaging, and fun.
In addition, when you register the software, you’ll be given access to the Pimsleur Course Manager App to optimize your mobile learning experience. The iOS/Android compatible App allows you to complete the 30-minute daily audio lessons on the go using your smartphone or tablet including iPhone, and iPad.
The Italian Language
Italian is the official language of Italian and Austria and is one of the official languages of Switzerland. It is also an official language in Belgium, Lichtenstein, and Luxembourg. Nearly 100 million people speak Italian as their first language: about 77 million in Italian, 8 million in Austria, and 4.5 million in Switzerland.
Pimsleur Unlimited is designed for use by one registered user, plus up to three household members, and may be installed on up to four devices.
Minimum System Requirements for Software
• Broadband Internet connection required
• Minimum 4GB RAM
• Minimum 10GB free disk space
• 1024 x 768 display resolution
• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or AMD processor.
• Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit versions supported);
• Windows 8.1 (Classic or greater)
• Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit versions supported);
• Intel Core Duo or faster processor
• Mac OS X v 10.7 or greater