Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Italian Level 4 (30, 30-min. daily lessons) Software + mobile app with interactive tools: Audio lessons teach speaking, understanding, and reading. Review tools include digital flash cards and Quick Match quiz, and Speak Easy conversation practice.
Every Level of Pimsleur Italian Unlimited contains approximately 15 hours of audio language instruction in 30 daily lessons featuring the proven Pimsleur Method, plus ...
• Up to 20 Reading Lessons to introduce you to reading,
• 300 digital flash cards allow you to practice, brush up, or review,
• And with the Quick Match interactive phrase game, you get 300 questions to challenge you.
• 30 Speak Easy conversations allow you to fine-tune conversational skills and perfect your accent,
• 30 spectacular high resolution travel photographs to inspire and enhance your cultural education,
• 30 light bulb moments to connect culture and history to your language learning.
Over 50 years ago, Dr. Paul Pimsleur developed a method that transformed language learning. Since then, millions have used this system to begin to speak and understand a new language quickly. You can too.
• Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
• Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
• Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
• Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
• Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
• Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
• Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
• Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
With Unlimited mobile, you learn fast as you roam free.
Still only 30 minutes a day, Pimsleur Unlimited is completely portable, and audio lessons are hands-free; you can do them in the car, at the gym, or while out for a walk. Lessons sync across devices, so while you’re free to ramble, the app keeps your language learning firmly on track.
Digital flash cards and the Quick Match interactive phrase game provide listening and reading practice and review, and Speak Easy conversations help you to engage with the language. They pull you into the culture, fixing rhythm and intonation in your mind, and helping you to develop a near-native accent.
Every course is painstakingly crafted to highlight and explore the culture where your new language is spoken. Pimsleur Unlimited features high-res photos with light bulb captions that delight and inform, and covering everything from art and architecture, to festivals, history, vivid landscapes, and cultural curiosities.
What You’ll Learn
Builds upon skills taught in Levels 1, 2, and 3.
Level 4 covers a variety of everyday topics. You’ll be speaking and understanding with near-fluency and with considerable skill. In Level 4, the pace and conversation moves more rapidly, making way for even more substantial mastery of vocabulary and structures.
A few of the topics included in Level 4:
• Accommodations: In addition to learning about accommodation options, you’ll inquire about amenities and local activities and events, get help with luggage, and ask about restaurant options and schedules.
• Activities: biking, horseback riding, visiting art galleries, describing abstract qualities, seeing the opera, a theatrical performance or a concert in a variety of venues, sightseeing and touring ruins, churches and palaces. Checking schedules, buying tickets, taking a boat tour, a ferryboat or a cruise, visiting an aquarium or a winery. Attending cultural events and visiting iconic locations.
• Shopping: trying on and buying various items of clothing, asking for colors and sizes, buying gifts and souvenirs, describing qualities of items, finding an ATM, going to an open-air market, haggling over prices, negotiating a discount, discussing shipping options and methods of payment.
• Vacationing: visiting an agriturismo and participating in outdoor activities in a variety of locations, going to the beach or swimming pool. Booking in high or low season, dealing with crowds, getting around using a variety of transportation.
• Dealing with Unforeseen Events – A trip to the emergency room, describing an accident, getting assistance, losing or forgetting personal items, rescheduling an engagement, finding the way on the map.
• Renting or Buying a Home: Learn to talk about desired location and neighborhood, specifying requirements like furnished or unfurnished, describing qualities, views and space requirements.
• Family and friends: conversing informally with and about friends and extended family – cousins, aunts, grandparents; meeting distant relatives, specifying relationships, telling family stories, describing family history, and talking informally about everyday situations.
• Recipes / Food: Trying new food, discussing preparation, expressing likes and preferences, exploring regional specialties, tasting and describing qualities of wine and food.
• Small talk: expressing opinions, wishes, and stating views; asking how someone is feeling, telling stories about people or places.
Twenty reading lessons are included with this program. These lessons, which build upon the language skills acquired in Levels 1, 2, and 3, are designed to give you practice reading, improve your pronunciation, and to provide new vocabulary. Before you know it, you’ll be reading with the ease and flexibility of a native speaker.
Learning the sound of each letter alone and in culturally distinct combinations allows your brain to process what you’re hearing in the audio lessons from a new and different perspective. It’s a powerful combination that makes Pimsleur different from every other method on the market.
Review on Your Terms
Reinforce what you’ve learned quickly and effectively with flash cards. Created to help you practice the most-essential vocabulary, the cards contain words and short phrases from the daily audio lessons. The Quick Match interactive phrase game will help you to challenge yourself with longer phrases and sentences in a fun and fast-paced way. Brush up, or dive deep — it’s all up to you.
Expand Your Horizons. Reconnect with Your Heritage. Travel with Confidence.
Experience language learning like never before. Pimsleur Unlimited: easy, engaging, and fun.
The Italian Language
Italian is the official language of Italy and San Marino, and one of the official languages of Switzerland, Croatia, and Slovenia. Italian is spoken by about 58 million people in Italy, 24,000 in San Marino, 840,000 in Switzerland, another million in other European countries, and approximately 5 million in North and South America. Historically, Italian is a daughter language of Latin. Italian uses the Roman alphabet and the pronunciation of the language follows the spelling very closely.
Pimsleur Unlimited is designed for use by one registered user, plus up to three household members, and may be installed on up to four devices.
Pimsleur Unlimited runs on MAC or PC computers, and on mobile devices for iOS and most Androids.
Minimum System Requirements
Pimsleur Unlimited Desktop
• Broadband Internet connection for installation and program updates
• Minimum 4GB RAM
• Minimum 10GB free disk space
• 1024 x 768 display resolution
• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or AMD processor
• Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit versions supported);
• Windows 8.1 (Classic or greater)
• Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit versions supported);
• Intel Core Duo or faster processor
• Mac OS X v 10.7 or greater
Pimsleur Unlimited Mobile
• Wi-Fi for installation and syncing progress across devices
iOS 8 or greater
• iPhone 5 or larger screen
Android 5 or greater
• Most Android smartphones and tablets with 1280 X 720 or larger screen
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Pimsleur Italian Level 4 Unlimited Software:
The software version of Pimsleur has been long overdue. The audio lessons are great, but the audio and reading lessons version alone constituted only half of what I would like to help me in learning a language. The software, with its ability to let you review the vocabulary, some sentences, and the dialogs helps fill that gap a good part of the way. My experience with the software in doing level 4 of Italian was very good. The software seems solid (no problems encountered), and it's pretty intuitive. My nitpicks:
1. Why can you do only Italian to English in the flash cards, or English to Italian in the quick match? Please allow reversing the order.
2. The algorithm for reviewing the flash is pretty simple-minded but adequate, allowing you do go back an redo the cards you miss. Some flash card programs provide an adaptive algorithm extending spaced repetition, bringing the card back sooner if you didn't know it, later if you did. Much fewer let you select different algorithms. (I'm biased for the latter because I'm developing a website/apps that let you do this: JTLanguage)
3. Why not use the flash cards with sentences also?
4. Why not provide an export mechanism so I can export the words and sentences to other flash card programs?
5. Why not allow copy paste from the text?
My biggest complaint/wish list item is that there doesn't seem to be an upgrade path to go from the audio .mp3 download version to the software version. I have 3 levels of German in the MP3 form I bought a while back and haven't used yet, and it would be great if I could upgrade to the software for a fraction of the price, since the prices are pretty close, and already very expensive. Likewise, I have the MP3 and CD versions for several other languages, and it would be nice to have the software for a review mechanism, as re-listening to the audio would be too time-consuming.