Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons (150 minutes) as MP3 download, plus PDF culture notes
Surprise your friends! Astonish your family! With Pimsleur®, you’ll be speaking and understanding like a native in no time. 30 minutes a day is all it takes!
This course includes Lessons 6-10 from the Irish Level 1 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Irish.
Notes are provided to give you further insight into the Irish language and culture. A Notes booklet is also included in PDF format.
The Irish Language
Irish and English are the official languages of Ireland. The three major dialects of Irish are: Connemara (in the west of Ireland and around the city of Galway), Munster (spoken in Counties Kerry and Cork), and Ulster (spoken in County Donegal). Pimsleur's Irish teaches the Munster dialect.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.