Pimsleur Indonesian Level 1 Lessons 11-15 MP3
Learn to Speak and Understand Indonesian with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Format: MP3
- Lessons: 5
- ISBN: 9781442339439
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $21.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons and reading instruction as MP3 download (2.5 hrs).
Pimsleur® equals success. Just one 30-minute lesson a day gets you speaking and understanding like no other program.
This course includes Lessons 11-15 from the Indonesian Level 1 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Indonesian.
Reading instruction begins in Lesson 11 and provides you with an introduction to reading Indonesian. These lessons are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
The Indonesian Language
Indonesian, also known as Bahasa Indonesia, is the official language of Indonesia. Indonesia is a form of Malay, an Austronesian (or Malayo-Polynesian) language, which had been used as a lingua franca in the Indonesian archipelago for centuries. Standard Indonesian pronunciation, which is taught in this course, is based on the language of Jakarta. Indonesian is spoken by nearly 35 million people as a first language and by 150 million people as a second language. It is also spoken in Thailand, East Timor, Sri Lanka, Africa, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Netherlands, and the US. Besides Indonesian, there are over 300 local languages spoken in Indonesia, however, Indonesian is the primary language in education, government, business and communication. Like English, written Indonesian uses the Latin alphabet.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.