Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons as MP3 download (2.5 hrs).
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose.
This course includes Lessons 21-25 from the Hebrew Level 2 program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Hebrew.
The Hebrew Language
Hebrew, a Semitic language, is the official language of Israel. It was once considered a dead language with no native speakers, although it remained in use for liturgical purposes. Hebrew was revived as a spoken language in the mid-19th century and today is spoken by over 5 million in Israel.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- No writing component
Comments about Hebrew Phase 2, Unit 21-25:
I use the mp3's in a handy Android program named StarPlayer. It allows me to slow the speed of the mp3 to hear new words and phrases more distinctly, and to give me more time to answer. I've completed 54 lessons. I use it in my phone, with a bluetooth while driving.
Obviously, I'm learning, or I wouldn't continue.
Things that need improvement:
1.) Forget about Pimsleur's android app. It's totally a waste of time. StarPlayer does the job.
2.) I would like to see a better system for downloading the programs with the written material. None of it works on a Mac very easily. And I have never seen the written materials. They need an IT makeover, big time.
3.) I would also appreciate if the Hebrew speakers would speak more distinctly. Some things are unintelligible even when slowed down 50%. I am forced to use G__gle Translator to figure out some new words.
Over all, I'm learning to speak Hebrew, and I hope to continue.