Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons (150 minutes) as MP3 download
The Pimsleur® Method is scientifically proven to be your fastest route to near-native fluency. Speak and understand Greek (Modern) in just 30 minutes a day.
This course includes Lessons 16-20 from the Greek (Modern) Level 1 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Greek (Modern).
The Greek (Modern) Language
Greek (Modern) is the official language of Greece and one of the official languages of Cyprus. Many modern scientific and technical words in English are derived from Greek (Modern), and it has been estimated that 12% of the English vocabulary is of Greek (Modern) origin. This course teaches Modern Greek (Modern).
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy And Fun
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Based On Hearing Memory
- Time commitment
- For Every Purpose
- Just for fun
Comments about Greek (Modern) Phase 1, Unit 16-20:
Since my hearing memory is limited, I used it with Quizlet application, by forming a set of vocabulary to each lesson.
Service and delivery comments:
Took Greek 1 course lessons 1-30.
In my visit to Greece I was able to chat, read and mainly understand the locals.
Some were very impressed from my ability to speak and from the good pronounciation.
I felt I was capable of creating a lot of sentences thanks to the understanding of grammer structure.still miss alot of vocabulary.