Pimsleur German Levels 1-3 MP3
Learn to Speak and Understand German with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3 ( Also available in: CD )
- Lessons: 90
- ISBN: 9781442347038
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $335.00
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 90 lessons and reading instruction as MP3 download (48 hrs), plus 3 Reading Booklets and a User’s Guide.
The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn German
Whether you want to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what’s going on in the world around you, learning German will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life.
The best part is that it doesn’t have to be difficult or take years to master. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes, and we get you speaking right from the first day. Pimsleur courses use a scientifically-proven method that puts you in control of your learning. If you’ve tried other language learning methods but found they simply didn’t stick, then you owe it to yourself to give Pimsleur a try.
- Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
- Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
- Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
- Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
- Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
- Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
- Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
- Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
- 90, 30-minute audio lessons
- 3 hours of German reading instruction and practice
- in total, 48 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers
- a Reading Booklet for each level and a User’s Guide
What You’ll Learn
This program includes all of German Levels 1, 2, and 3. With this program you start from zero, first learning survival phrases and vocabulary, and eventually progressing to a high-intermediate level of speaking and understanding German.
Every lesson contains an introductory conversation and isolated vocabulary and structures, as well as full practice for all vocabulary introduced. Emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension. By the end of the program, you’ll have gained experience participating in many informal and some formal discussions on practical, social, and semiprofessional topics. You’ll skillfully form longer, more complex sentences, and most importantly, you’ll find yourself being understood, even by native speakers unused to dealing with foreigners.
Reading Lessons are included at the end of Lesson 30 for each Level. These lessons, which total about three hours, are designed to give you practice sounding out German and then to help you progress to reading for meaning. They also provide extensive additional vocabulary. Before you know it, you’ll be reading German with the ease and flexibility of a native speaker.
The Pimsleur Method
We make no secret of what makes this powerful method work so well. Paul Pimsleur spent his career researching and perfecting the precise elements anyone can use to learn a language quickly and easily. Here are a few of his “secrets”:
The Principle of Anticipation
In the nanosecond between a cue and your response, your brain has to work to come up with the right word. Having to do this boosts retention, and cements the word in your mind.
Words, phrases, and sentences are selected for their usefulness in everyday conversation. We don’t overwhelm you with too much, but steadily increase your ability with every lesson.
Graduated Interval Recall
Reminders of new words and structures come up at the exact interval for maximum retention and storage into your long-term memory.
You work on multiple aspects of the language simultaneously. We integrate grammar, vocabulary, rhythm, melody, and intonation into every lesson, which allows you to experience the language as a living, expressive form of human culture.
Learning in Context
Research has shown that learning new words in context dramatically accelerates your ability to remember. Every scene in every Pimsleur lesson is set inside a conversation between two people. There are no drills, and no memorization necessary for success.
The Pimsleur Method + active learner participation = success. This method works with every language and every learner who follows it. You gain the power to recall and use what you know, and to add new words easily, exactly as you do in English.
The German Language
German is the official language of Germany and Austria and is one of the official languages of Switzerland. It is also an official language in Belgium, Lichtenstein, and Luxembourg. Nearly 100 million people speak German as their first language: about 77 million in Germany, 8 million in Austria, and 4.5 million in Switzerland.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- No writing component
- Just for fun
Comments about German I-III:
Loved how the audio programmed made me respond more automatically. It required rapid response which did not let me hesitate and try to analyze before responding. This has really boosted my confidence. I have gone through programs I-IV 5 times now. And will continue to go over them - they are my fun time in the car when I drive alone every day. Wish there were more levels to go through!
Service and delivery comments:
I would like to see all the sentences in writing to look at after I have done the lessons to be sure I am learning it right and can also reproduce it correctly when I need to correspond. The reading booklets were more into giving lists of words. Give us more advanced German programs - like at least 5 and 6 if not more. I would really like medical problems covered to be safe while traveling, to be able to explain my medical conditions and understand what the doctor is saying to me.
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Family background/Heritage
- Just for fun
Comments about German Phases 1-3:
I absolutely love this product - can't wait for starting each successive unit. Approach reinforces the vocabulary and pronunciation over and over to the point I am confident in my success.