Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons as MP3 download (2.5 hrs).
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose.
This course includes Lessons 21-25 from the German Level 2 program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak German.
The German Language
German is the official language of Germany and Austria and is one of the official languages of Switzerland. It is also an official language in Belgium, Lichtenstein, and Luxembourg. Nearly 100 million people speak German as their first language: about 77 million in Germany, 8 million in Austria, and 4.5 million in Switzerland.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- Read My Comments
- No writing component
- Read My Comments
- Read My Comments
Comments about Pimsleur German Level 2 Lessons 21-25 MP3:
I have taken and faithfully learned Pimsleur Spanish, Lessons 1-40, as well as German I and II. Here are my opinions and suggestions:
1) Pimsleur lessons are great way to quickly and painlessly learn a LIMITED amount of a foreign language, with LIMITED understanding. But I DISAGREE with Dr. Pimsleur's opinion that one should learn a language by only LISTENING and SPEAKING. Many of us are VISUAL learners; we learn (and get greater UNDERSTANDING) of a language by SEEING the written symbols of it. To become truly FUNCTIONAL in a language we also need to learn some of the GRAMMAR of a language. Pimsleur supplies almost nothing in the way of grammar. Nothing either about how to conjugate verbs.
2) I find that the so-called Reading Lessons that accompany the Pimsleur Method are deficient. First, they don't always correlate to the material on the CD's. Secondly, it is occasionally difficult to follow what the CD speakers are saying, either because they garble the words or they use words that have not been explained in the lesson. What a customer REALLY needs is a full written transcript of each lesson.
3) To construct a really POWERFUL language learning program, do what I do. Get a little paperback book (~ 200+ pages) entitled 'See It And Say It In Spanish' by Madrigal. This fills in the hole that is left by the Pimsleur Method. TOGETHER, these two tools make a powerful pair.
Besides, this book that I refer to fills in the deficiencies in the Pimsleur Method by explaining some of the Grammar of the language, including how to conjugate verbs. I also have found useful the Spark Charts for foreign languages, obtainable at the Barnes & Noble book stores.
4) I have been surprised that neither the Spanish nor the German lessons cover the use of Future Tense Verbs. Maybe this is introduced in Spanish III or German III.?
5) To gain UNDERSTANDING of a language one needs to Hear It, See It, Speak It, and Write It. By simply parroting back words and phrases (e.g. Pimsleur Method) one will, in my opinion, never gain sufficient understanding to get COMMAND of a foreign language.
6) I like the Pimsleur CD's. They provide an important PIECE of the Language Challenge. But just understand that using this method alone will not help one truly LEARN a language and become truly FUNCTIONAL in it. Pimsleur will give you a quick child-like limited competency in the language, but it will not give you an Adult Understanding of it.
7) Be aware that one cannot do each of these Lessons in only 30 minutes. Some of these lessons take an hour or two the first time through.
8) To believe that one can truly LEARN and become 'adult functional' in a foreign language merely by using the Pimsleur Method ALONE, is to believe in the Tooth Fairy. One must view the Pimsleur Method as only an important PIECE of the Language Challenge.