Pimsleur Finnish Level 1 Lessons 6-10 MP3
Learn to Speak and Understand Finnish with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Format: MP3
- Lessons: 5
- ISBN: 9781442358362
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $21.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons as MP3 download (2.5 hrs).
Surprise your friends! Astonish your family! With Pimsleur®, you’ll be speaking and understanding like a native in no time. 30 minutes a day is all it takes!
This course includes Lessons 6-10 from the Finnish Level 1 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Finnish.
The Finnish Language
Finnish belongs to the Finnic branch of the Finno-Ugric family of languages. Its closest relative is Estonian; Hungarian is a distant cousin. It is spoken by approximately 5.2 million people, mostly in Finland, and by some in Sweden and Russia as well. There are three varieties of standard Finnish which are spoken throughout the country: kirjakieli ("book language") - used in official documents, official speeches and the daily news; yleiskieli - the standard language used in schools; it is formal and correct, though more relaxed than the "book language," and puhekieli ("spoken language") - more casual variety used in everyday conversation, which changes frequently. This course teaches the standard Finnish language, yleiskieli.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.