Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons and reading instruction (150 minutes) as MP3 download, plus PDF reading booklet
Pimsleur® equals success. Just one 30-minute lesson a day gets you speaking and understanding like no other program.
This course includes Lessons 11-15 from the Croatian Level 1 Program featuring 2.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Croatian.
Reading instruction begins in Lesson 11 and provides you with an introduction to reading Croatian. These lessons are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
The Croatian Language
Croatian, the official language of Croatia, is spoken by approximately 4.5 million speakers in Croatia, plus 1 million speakers in other parts of Europe, the US, and Canada. There are 3 main dialects: kajkavski, cakavski, and štokavski (official dialect). Pimsleur's Croatian teaches štokavski.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Family background/Heritage
Comments about Croatian Phase 1, Unit 11-15:
I usually don't have time to do the lessons daily, but several times a week while I'm driving. As such I'm tending to review each lesson two or three times over before moving on. It's going slower, but I am learning and feeling confident that my comprehension and pronunciation are on track and growing.
Service and delivery comments:
Make a Serbian version so I can learn the correct dialect for me. Given the strained relations I'm not thrilled I will be speaking with a Croatian accent, with Croatian phrases and vocabulary when I go to visit my kin in Serbia.