Pimsleur Chinese (Mandarin) Level 4 MP3
Learn to Speak and Understand Mandarin Chinese with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Format: MP3 ( Also available in: CD )
- Lessons: 30
- ISBN: 9781442369269
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $119.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 30 lessons and Notes as MP3 download (16 hrs), plus a Notes Booklet and User's Guide.
The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn Mandarin Chinese
The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn Mandarin Chinese
Did you know that Mandarin Chinese is the world’s most widely spoken language with over one billion native speakers? Once you get the basics down, you’ll be surprised how quickly you’re able to begin speaking it. And even knowing a little bit of the language will make travel to China far easier, and much more fun. Whether your goal is to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what’s going on in the world around you, learning to speak Mandarin Chinese will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life.
The best part is that it doesn’t have to be difficult or take years to master. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes, and we get you speaking right from the first day. Pimsleur courses use a scientifically-proven method that puts you in control of your learning. If you’ve tried other language learning methods but found they simply didn’t stick, then you owe it to yourself to give Pimsleur a try.
- Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
- Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
- Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
- Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
- Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
- Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
- Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
- Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
What’s Included in Mandarin Chinese 4?
- Thirty, 30-minute lessons totaling 15 hours of spoken Mandarin language learning, plus one hour of Notes. These notes are designed to provide you with a deeper understanding of Chinese culture, as well as to expand upon topics discussed in the course.
- In total, over 16 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers
- Access to the Pimsleur Course Manager APP for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers.
- The MP3 download can be used on any computer, tablet, MP3 player, or phone that plays MP3 files
What You’ll Learn
Builds on skills taught in Mandarin Chinese Levels 1- 3.
Mandarin Chinese 4 covers a variety of everyday topics. You'll be speaking and understanding Mandarin with near-fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills. In Chinese Mandarin 4 the pace and conversation moves more rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, and approaching native speed and comprehension. You’ll learn to speak about your professional and personal life, needs, likes and dislikes, and to create complex sentences.
Some of the topics covered in Mandarin Chinese 4:
- Business: Ordering, shipping, and receiving bulk products for export, and discussing their costs and rates. Speaking with patients about their ailments and giving advice for treatment. Visiting warehouses and factories.
- Personal life: Discussing how you're feeling, marriage, relatives, Chinese zodiac signs, where you and your family are from and what they do, children, and pets.
- Activities: Getting a massage or acupuncture treatment, visiting car and horse racetracks, art museums, cultural sites, and ordering meals for yourself or a group in restaurants. Going for bike rides in the park, taking tours of historic sites, and discussing architecture and design.
- Food: Culinary differences between the North and South, sampling popular cuisine of restaurants and roadside vendors.
- Vacationing: Traveling and exploring with a tour guide; discussing the history of important and popular destination sites in China; visiting The Great Wall, gardens,and teahouses; and sampling popular cuisine of restaurants and roadside vendors.
- Important Topics: Talking about allergies, likes and dislikes of food types and styles, animals, colors, temperatures, and cuisine.
- Understanding the Chinese: Learning cultural expressions and customs. Discussing Chinese social and economic policies. Exploring various pastimes of the young and old, such as Tai Chi, dancing on street corners, birdwalking in the park, bike riding, and more. Discussing the weather, the air quality and environmental concerns.
A User's Guide and Notes booklet are also included.
The Pimsleur Method
We make no secret of what makes this powerful method work so well. Paul Pimsleur spent his career researching and perfecting the precise elements anyone can use to learn a language quickly and easily. Here are a few of his “secrets”:
The Principal of Anticipation
In the nanosecond between a cue and your response, your brain has to work to come up with the right word. Having to do this boosts retention, and cements the word in your mind.
Words, phrases, and sentences are selected for their usefulness in everyday conversation. We don’t overwhelm you with too much, but steadily increase your ability with every lesson.
Graduated Interval Recall
Reminders of new words and structures come up at the exact interval for maximum retention and storage into your long-term memory.
You work on multiple aspects of the language simultaneously. We integrate grammar, vocabulary, rhythm, melody, and intonation into every lesson, which allows you to experience the language as a living, expressive form of human culture.
Constant Feedback Loop + Build-in Testing
Pimsleur’s unique system of cues and responses provides a constant feedback loop. You can test yourself as you go, and make incremental corrections in creating and refining cohesive, clear responses.
Gives You a Solid Foundation
Each lesson and Level builds on the ones before it and in turn sets the framework for the lessons and Levels that follow. Learn what you need to prosper and to build a foundation to future learning.
The Mandarin Chinese Language
Over one billion people speak Chinese. The two most common dialects are Mandarin and Cantonese. They are not mutually intelligible. Mandarin is the official language in Mainland China, Taiwan, and Singapore. The Mandarin dialect is used in most Chinese schools, and in most TV programs, movies, and radio stations throughout the country, even in Guangzhou (formerly Canton), where people speak Cantonese in their daily lives. Mandarin is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- Files can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager APP for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- As a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- Backup copies of a course are available in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library.
- MP3 Player compatible including iPod.
- Pimsleur Course Manager APP can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Non DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files can also be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.