Pimsleur Chinese (Mandarin) Level 3 Lessons 26-30 MP3
Learn to Speak and Understand Mandarin Chinese with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Format: MP3
- Lessons: 5
- ISBN: 9781442316720
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $21.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons, reading lessons, and culture notes as MP3 download (4.5 hours), plus a Reading Booklet and Culture Notes Booklet.
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat!
This course includes Lessons 26-30, plus reading instruction and Culture Notes from Pimsleur’s Mandarin Chinese Level 3 program featuring 4.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Mandarin Chinese.
In Level 3, you'll continue to practice reading Hanyu Pinyin (pinyin for short) the official phonetic system for transcribing pronunciations of Chinese characters into a Latin alphabet. Twenty reading lessons are included and will build upon the language skills acquired in Levels 1 & 2. These lessons are designed to give you practice reading and to provide new vocabulary.
Learning the sound of each letter alone and in culturally distinct combinations allows your brain to process what you’re hearing in the audio lessons from a new and different perspective. It’s a powerful combination that makes Pimsleur different from every other method on the market.
Fifty minutes of recorded Culture Notes are included after the Reading Lessons. These Notes are designed to provide you with more insight into Chinese language and culture. A Culture Notes Booklet is included with your download.
The Mandarin Chinese Language
Over one billion people speak Chinese. The two most common dialects are Mandarin and Cantonese. They are not mutually intelligible. Mandarin is the official language in Mainland China, Taiwan, and Singapore. The Mandarin dialect is used in most Chinese schools, and in most TV programs, movies, and radio stations throughout the country, even in Guangzhou (formerly Canton), where people speak Cantonese in their daily lives. Mandarin is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad®, iPhone® and Android™ devices, and Mac® or Microsoft® Windows® computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a ZIP file of MP3 files for use in iTunes® or Windows Media Player®.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod® or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices, for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.