Pimsleur Arabic (Eastern) Levels 1-2 MP3
Learn to Speak and Understand Eastern Arabic with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3 ( Also available in: CD )
- Lessons: 60
- ISBN: 9781442346840
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $230.00
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 60 lessons and reading instruction as MP3 download (32 hrs), plus 2 Reading Booklets and a User’s Guide.
The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn Eastern Arabic
Whether you want to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what’s going on in the world around you, learning Eastern Arabic will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life.
The best part is that it doesn’t have to be difficult or take years to master. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes, and we get you speaking right from the first day. Pimsleur courses use a scientifically-proven method that puts you in control of your learning. If you’ve tried other language learning methods but found they simply didn’t stick, then you owe it to yourself to give Pimsleur a try.
- Quick + Easy – Only 30 minutes a day.
- Portable + Flexible – Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
- Proven Method – Works when other methods fail.
- Self-Paced – Go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
- Based in Science – Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
- Cost-effective – Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
- Genius – Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
- Works for everyone – Recommended for ages 13 and above.
- 60, 30-minute audio lessons
- 2 hours of reading instruction to provide you with an introduction to reading Eastern Arabic
- In total, 32 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers
- A Reading Booklet for each level and a User’s Guide
What You’ll Learn
This Eastern Arabic program includes all of Pimsleur’s Arabic (Eastern) Levels 1 & 2. With this program you start from zero, first learning survival phrases and vocabulary, and eventually progressing to a mid-intermediate level of speaking, understanding, and reading Eastern Arabic.
Every lesson contains an introductory conversation, and isolated vocabulary and structures, as well as full practice for all vocabulary introduced. Emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension. At the completion of this course, you’ll be able to speak comfortably about things that happened in the past and make plans for the future; you’ll speak confidently using your wide-ranging vocabulary, and experience the Eastern Arabic language and culture with a deepening insight.
Reading Lessons are included to provide you with an introduction to reading Eastern Arabic. These lessons, which total about one hour for each level, are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent.
The Pimsleur Method
We make no secret of what makes this powerful method work so well. Paul Pimsleur spent his career researching and perfecting the precise elements anyone can use to learn a language quickly and easily. Here are a few of his secrets:
The Principle of Anticipation
In the nanosecond between a cue and your response, your brain has to work to come up with the right word. Having to do this boosts retention, and cements the word in your mind.
Words, phrases, and sentences are selected for their usefulness in everyday conversation. We don’t overwhelm you with too much, but steadily increase your ability with every lesson.
Graduated Interval Recall
Reminders of new words and structures come up at the exact interval for maximum retention and storage into your long-term memory.
You work on multiple aspects of the language simultaneously. We integrate grammar, vocabulary, rhythm, melody, and intonation into every lesson, which allows you to experience the language as a living, expressive form of human culture.
Learning in Context
Research has shown that learning new words in context dramatically accelerates your ability to remember. Every scene in every Pimsleur lesson is set inside a conversation between two people. There are no drills, and no memorization necessary for success.
The Pimsleur Method + active learner participation = success. This method works with every language and every learner who follows it. You gain the power to recall and use what you know, and to add new words easily, exactly as you do in English.
The Eastern Arabic Language
Arabic is the world's 6th most common language with 295 million native speakers. It is also the liturgical language of 1.6 billion Muslims as it is the language of the Qur’an, the holy book of Islam.
Eastern Arabic is the dialect spoken in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Palestine. Eastern Arabic is also very well understood in the eastern and southeastern parts of the Arab world -- Arabia, the Gulf Region, and Iraq. Pimsleur’s Eastern Arabic is based on the dialect of Damascus, Syria.
- Lessons can be downloaded using the Pimsleur Course Manager App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, and Mac or Windows computers, or
- Lessons can be downloaded as a zip file for use in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- All purchased courses are backed up in your Pimsleur.com cloud-based digital library account.
- Lessons can be played on your iPod or any MP3 player.
- The Pimsleur Course Manager App can be installed on several devices for personal use only.
- Lessons are non-DRM (Digital Rights Management) MP3 files and can be copied onto a CD or DVD for playing in a CD/DVD player.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- No writing component
- Family background/Heritage
Comments about Arabic (Eastern) I-II:
This is my second set. The first set was just a starter from a bookstore that had 5-6 CD's. They did not last very long and I was hesitant to buy the same brand of CD, fearing a short life of the disks.
But I am pleased with the progression,clarity and manner of male/female pronunciation with increments, phrase lengthening, grammar buildup, and so far with the subject material.
When I wish to know something more clearly I have to look it up in some of my other reference materials. Not all are Eastern and perhaps that is a good thing; to broaden my regionalisms.
Thank you for having choices of dialects in the Arabic language.
I put it on when falling asleep or driving. It repeats in my head at the oddest times. I look forward to knowing the correct answer. The pauses are about the right amount of time for answering.