Learn to Speak and Understand Urdu with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: CD
- Lessons: 16
- ISBN: 9780743581462
- Availability: Usually ships within 1 business day
List Price: $49.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 16 lessons on 8 CDs
Urdu is the official language of North India, Pakistan, and Fiji. Pimsleur's Urdu teaches "Hindustani," promoted by Mahatma Gandhi, and only focuses on the Urdu register/dialect of Hindustani. While Standard Urdu may be spoken in Pakistan, most Pakistanis and Indian Muslims speak Hindustani.
Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Urdu language instruction. These sixteen lessons are the same as the first sixteen lesson of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Comprehensive Program.
- Each lesson includes an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures and includes practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary. Topics include: greetings, numbers, meals, shopping, telling time, scheduling activities, and asking and giving directions.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
- Receive an instant credit of $150 to trade up from the Conversational to the full Level 1 Comprehensive CD course.
Pimsleur® equals success. Just one 30-minute lesson a day gets you speaking and understanding like no other program.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Only 30 lessons
- Family background/Heritage
- Multi-cultural cities
- Pakistani in-laws
Comments about Urdu, Conversational:
It's great in that it continues to repeat words and phrases in later lessons ensuring you don't forget earlier lessons. It uses repetition as a main force of remembering and instilling the information in you..same thing that happens when we learn our native language as children making it a more natural way to learn and retain.