Learn to Speak and Understand Turkish with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: CD
- Lessons: 16
- ISBN: 9780743551465
- Availability: Usually ships within 1 business day
List Price: $49.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 16 lessons on 8 CDs
Turkish is a branch of the Turkic language family and is spoken as an official language by about 70 million people in Turkey and in Northern Cyprus. Pimsleur's Turkish teaches standard Turkish, which is based on the dialect spoken in and around Istanbul.
- Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Turkish language instruction. These sixteen lessons are the same as the first sixteen lesson of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Comprehensive Program.
- Each lesson includes an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures and includes practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary. Topics include: greetings, numbers, meals, shopping, telling time, scheduling activities, and asking and giving directions.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Just for fun
Comments about Turkish, Conversational:
It works! Turkish is one of those languages that isn't related to any other, but when my husband and I had a chance to go to Istanbul, we didn't want to go knowing absolutely nothing. So we tried this introductory conversational course--and we actually picked up a bit of the language. Though we didn't end up with a huge vocabulary, we learned enough to have basic communication with people, and the Turks we met were so happy that we were trying. Plus they complimented us on our accents. It really added to our trip. If you're diligent and do the lessons every day, you can't help but learn. Sometimes we repeated the lessons, because the language was so unfamiliar. But it was fun--and now we can't wait to jump into another language and do a comprehensive course. The method is great!