Romanian Phase 1, Unit 21-25
Learn to Speak and Understand Romanian with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3
- Lessons: 5
- ISBN: 9781442322967
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $21.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons and reading instruction (150 minutes) as MP3 download, plus PDF reading booklet
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes - with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose. Romanian Phase 1, Units 21-25 build on material taught in prior units. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Each lesson contains practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Romanian. These units contain Reading Lessons designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- Good For Learning A Few H
- Good For Learning Phrases
- No writing component
- Too Fast
Comments about Romanian Phase 1, Unit 21-25:
Last year I purchased "Conversational Romanian" from Pimsleur, and I learned most of it fairly successfully, this course will be about the same I think. I also have a Romanian tutor, which helps a lot, but....
There are still things which I think could be a little better about the Pimsleur Method..
1. When I am in Romania, I find that hardly anybody uses the "formal/polite" language that this course teaches..My tutor, who is actually from Romania as well as some of my Romanian friends agree with me on this..it's good to know, but if you don't wan't to get mugged, then you need to learn to speak as they do, you should offer lessons in that form...when in Romania do as the Romanians...unfortunately this course doesn't teach that.
2. Adding the 4th Speaker to the lesson was confusing and in my opinion, really unnecessary. You have the announcer literally saying 2 words, then the new guy saying 2 words then the 2 actors trying to say the conversation, well, being a hillbilly, that's very distracting for me, it's confusing, I find myself pausing trying to figure out what the new guy said, and by the time I do the actors have had the conversation and I have to go back to the beginning of that part and start all over...really annoying if you are driving, cu adevarat.
3. The lesson does not allow enough time for you to respond, and this is particularly annoying especially if you have never heard the language before, luckily I speak it sort of...
4. Why don't you tell us how to SPELL the words also?
5. You spend a lot of time on some words, and fly right through others...
6. I'm not exactly sure that I understand why you added the "4th Speaker" and why you feel it's better that the instructions are given in limba Romana, as many times as we hear the instructions, we will remember them...I still hear "ascultati si repetati" in my sleep...