Punjabi Phase 1, Unit 11-15
Learn to Speak and Understand Punjabi with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3
- Lessons: 5
- ISBN: 9781442356962
- Availability: In Stock: Available for immediate download
List Price: $21.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons (150 minutes) as MP3 download
About the Punjabi Language
- Punjabi is an Indo-Aryan language of the Indo-European language family. It is unique for being the only tonal language in this family.
- There are ten Punjabi dialects which are mostly mutually intelligible. This course teaches the Eastern Punjabi dialect as spoken in India.
- Punjabi is spoken by approximately 110-112 million people world-wide.
- It is an official language in the Indian states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, and is also spoken elsewhere in northwestern India. Although not considered an offical language in Pakistan, it is spoken by the majority in the Pakistani province of Punjab.
- It is also spoken by expatriate communities in Bangladesh, Canada, Fiji, Kenya, Libya, Malaysia (Peninsular), Mauritius, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States. In Canada, Punjabi is thought to be the sixth most frequently spoken language.
- Punjabi is most commonly written using the Gurmukhi script. The reading lessons in this course teach how to read the Gurmukhi alphabet.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- No writing component
Comments about Punjabi Phase 1, Unit 11-15:
I use the Pimsleur program while driving everyday. It's an excellent program. So far, everything I have been learning has stuck with me and I've gotten to use some of it with my Punjabi speaking friend. I hope Pimsleur comes out with more Phases because I need all the help I can get! I want to keep progressing at it. The only thing I can say would make it better is maybe a booklet that teaches reading and writing. I'm trying to learn it on my own...and let me just tell you...It's hard! Other than that, this program is amazing and I would recommend it to everyone!