Punjabi Phase 1, Unit 01-05
Learn to Speak and Understand Punjabi with Pimsleur Language Programs
This Edition: MP3
Your Price: $21.95
Availability: Available for immediate download
Free Audio Lesson
Pimsleur covers the world of languages. You can choose from over 50 languages, many with multiple levels, ranging from the most popular to the exotic. Become a Pimsleur learner and travel the world!
Includes 5 lessons (150 minutes) as MP3 download
About the Punjabi Language
- Punjabi is an Indo-Aryan language of the Indo-European language family. It is unique for being the only tonal language in this family.
- There are ten Punjabi dialects which are mostly mutually intelligible. This course teaches the Eastern Punjabi dialect as spoken in India.
- Punjabi is spoken by approximately 110-112 million people world-wide.
- It is an official language in the Indian states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, and is also spoken elsewhere in northwestern India. Although not considered an offical language in Pakistan, it is spoken by the majority in the Pakistani province of Punjab.
- It is also spoken by expatriate communities in Bangladesh, Canada, Fiji, Kenya, Libya, Malaysia (Peninsular), Mauritius, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States. In Canada, Punjabi is thought to be the sixth most frequently spoken language.
- Punjabi is most commonly written using the Gurmukhi script. The reading lessons in this course teach how to read the Gurmukhi alphabet.
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat! Each lesson of Punjabi Phase 1, Units 1-5 provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Each lesson contains practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Punjabi.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Just for fun
Comments about Punjabi Phase 1, Unit 01-05:
I use the product during my commutes. I'm in the car alone that way it doesn't scare anyone if I randomly bust out my punjabi skills. The first thing I noticed is how similar it is to all other pimsleur languages, same format helps a listener understand what to expect next. Secondly, the native speakers are truly have an authentic accent. It get's really fast as all the other pimsleaur languages and there is never a dull or boring moment, very engaging. There really aren't any "not so great" things about this product. I've tried this and rosetta and feel this is waaaay more of an efficient way of learning things. Plus, it's not a visual experience, which i feel can distract a learner at times. Just wonderful. Thanks Pimsleur!! Please bring on the updates for Punjabi vocab with the reading bits!