Pashto Phases 1-2
Learn to Speak and Understand Pashto with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3 ( Also available in: CD )
- Lessons: 60
- ISBN: 9781442348769
- Availability: Available for immediate download
List Price: $230.00
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 60 lessons and reading instruction (32 hours) as MP3 download, plus PDF user's guide and 2 reading booklets
• Pashto is an Iranian language of the Indo-European family spoken by over 17 million people, primarily in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
• This course teaches the Northern dialect as spoken in Kabul (Afghanistan), which will be understood through all Pashto-speaking regions.
• Pashto is one of the two official languages of Afghanistan (Dari is the other) and the native tongue of approximately 50 percent of the population there.
• Although, not an official language in Pakistan, it is spoken by approximately 13% of the population.
• Pashto uses a modified version of the Arabic alphabet, and is read right to left.
Pimsleur® equals success. Just one 30-minute lesson a day gets you speaking and understanding like no other program. This complete Pashto course includes all of Levels 1 and 2 – 30 hours of spoken language practice and two hours of reading instruction. With this product you start from zero, learning first survival phrases and vocabulary, and eventually progressing to a mid-intermediate level of speaking, understanding and reading Pashto. Every lesson contains an introductory conversation, and isolated vocabulary and structures, as well as full practice for all vocabulary introduced. Emphasis on pronunciation and comprehension. At the completion of this course, you’ll speak confidently using your wide-ranging vocabulary, and experience the language and culture with a deepening insight into a new world. Reading Lessons are included at the end of Unit 30 for each Level. These lessons, which total about two hours, are designed to first give you practice sounding out the Pashto alphabet, then to progress to reading for meaning. Before you know it, you’ll be reading Pashto with the ease and flexibility of a native speaker. A PDF file containing the combined Reading Booklets to be used with the audio lessons is included.