Learn to Speak and Understand Pashto with Pimsleur Language Programs
This Edition: CD
Your Price: $49.95
Availability: Usually ships within 1 business day
Free Audio Lesson
Pimsleur covers the world of languages. You can choose from over 50 languages, many with multiple levels, ranging from the most popular to the exotic. Become a Pimsleur learner and travel the world!
Includes 16 lessons on 8 CDs
- Pashto is an Iranian language of the Indo-European family spoken by over 17 million people, primarily in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- This course teaches the Northern dialect as spoken in Kabul (Afghanistan), which will be understood through all Pashto-speaking regions.
- Pashto is one of the two official languages of Afghanistan (Dari is the other) and the native tongue of approximately 50 percent of the population there.
- Although, not an official language in Pakistan, it is spoken by approximately 13% of the population.
- Pashto uses a modified version of the Arabic alphabet, and is read right to left.
- Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Pashto language instruction (the first sixteen Units of Pimsleur’s 30-Unit Comprehensive Program).
- Essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drink, deal with currency, scheduling a meal or meeting and to give and ask for directions. Learn to speak with near-native pronunciation skills.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary!
Receive an instant credit of $150 to trade up from the Conversational to the full Level 1 Comprehensive CD course. Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.