Languages > Modern Standard Arabic > Arabic (Modern Standard), Conversational
Arabic (Modern Standard), Conversational
Learn to Speak and Understand Modern Standard Arabic with Pimsleur Language Programs
This Edition: CD
Your Price: $49.95
Availability: Usually ships within 1 business day
Free Audio Lesson
Pimsleur covers the world of languages. You can choose from over 50 languages, many with multiple levels, ranging from the most popular to the exotic. Become a Pimsleur learner and travel the world!
Includes 16 lessons on 8 CDs
About Modern Standard Arabic
- Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), also known as Standard Arabic or Literary Arabic, is the variety of Arabic used in writing and in formal speech.
- MSA is spoken by an estimated 300 million people world-wide.
- It is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- Modern Standard Arabic is the official language of all Arab countries, and is the only form of Arabic taught in schools at all levels. Because of this, MSA is the lingua franca of all educated Arabic-speakers, regardless of nationality or spoken native dialect.
- It is used in the news, schools, official documents, and courts of law.
- MSA bears great resemblance to Classical Arabic; the language of ancient poetry and the Quran.
- The Modern Standard Arabic alphabet contains 28 basic letters and is read from right to left.
Pimsleur's Conversational Modern Standard Arabic Program
- Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Modern Standard Arabic language learning (the first sixteen Units of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Modern Standard Arabic Comprehensive Program).
- Essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drink, deal with currency, scheduling a meal or meeting and to give and ask for directions. Learn to speak with near-native pronunciation skills.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
- Receive an instant credit of $150 to trade up from the Conversational to the full Level 1 Comprehensive CD course.