Japanese Phase 2, Units 1-30
Learn to Speak and Understand Japanese with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3 ( Also available in: CD )
- Lessons: 30
- ISBN: 9781442310599
- Availability: Available for immediate download
List Price: $119.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 30 lessons and culture notes (16 hours) as MP3 download, plus PDF user's guide and culture notes
Japanese is spoken by about 130 million people, 122 million of whom are in Japan. There are also speakers in the Ryukyu Islands, Korea, Taiwan, parts of the United States, and Brazil. Pimsleur's Japanese teaches a polite level of Japanese, which is appropriate for use in most situations in Japan.
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose. Japanese Phase 2 includes 15 hours of spoken language practice and one additional hour of Culture Notes, and is designed to be used after completing Phase 1.
- In the first 10 lessons of Phase 2, you begin to use the past tense. Structures become more complex and informal speech is introduced. Conversations become fuller, and learners are able to discuss business and social activities, manage shopping situations, and express their interests. As you progress, vocabulary is expanded and fluency increases.
- The next 10 lessons of Phase 2 allow you to further combine and build upon known elements, and produce longer and more complex sentences. You learn to bargain with shopkeepers, deal with business situations, get and give medical information, and discuss the weather.
- In the final 10 lessons of Phase 2, you’ve doubled your vocabulary and have several hundred structures to draw upon. You’ll gain experience asking for assistance, finding a location that is some distance away, and using relative structures – faster, slower, etc. Sports and leisure activities are explored, as well as shopping, changing money, and future travel plans. By the end of Phase 2, you’re speaking at a midintermediate level with nearnative pronunciation, and you are comfortable meeting most social demands and limited job requirements.
One hour of recorded Culture Notes are included at the end of Unit 30. These Notes are designed to provide you with some insight into Japanese culture. A Culture Notes booklet is also included in PDF format.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Family background/Heritage
Comments about Japanese Phase 2, Units 1-30:
Fits my learning style...loaded into my iPhone, so with earbuds or Sync'd to my car, I can use it on the go or whenever I'm waiting or traveling. No downside for me. I repeat lessons until I can keep up, and go back occasionally.