Greek (Modern) II, Comprehensive
Learn to Speak and Understand Modern Greek with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: CD ( Also available in: MP3 )
- Lessons: 30
- ISBN: 9780743552530
- Availability: Usually ships within 1 business day
List Price: $345.00
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 30 lessons and reading instruction on 16 CDs, plus a reading booklet
Greek is the official language of Greece and one of the official languages of Cyprus. Many modern scientific and technical words in English are derived from Greek, and it has been estimated that 12% of the English vocabulary is of Greek origin. This course teaches Modern Greek.
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes - with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose. Greek II, Comprehensive includes 15 hours of spoken language practice and one additional hour of reading instruction, and is designed to be used after completing Level I.
- In the first 10 lessons, you begin to use the past tense. Structures become more complex and informal speech is introduced. Conversations become fuller, and learners are able to discuss business and social activities, manage shopping situations, and express their interests. As you progress, vocabulary is expanded and fluency increases.
- The next 10 lessons allow you to further combine and build upon known elements, and produce longer and more complex sentences. You learn to bargain with shopkeepers, deal with business situation, get and give medical information, and discuss the weather.
- In the final 10 lessons, you’ve doubled your vocabulary and have several hundred structures to draw upon. You’ll gain experience asking for assistance, finding a location that is some distance away, and using relative structures – faster, slower, etc. Sports and leisure activities are explored, as well as shopping, changing money, and future travel plans. By the end of the program, you’re speaking at a mid-intermediate level with near-native pronunciation, and you are comfortable meeting most social demands and limited job requirements.
Reading Lessons are included at the end of Unit 30. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to give you practice reading Greek, and to provide you with some insight into Greek culture with proverbs, common expressions, and a broad look at things you’ll see when visiting Greece. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- Family background/Heritage
- Just for fun
Comments about Greek (Modern) II, Comprehensive:
I already had some knowledge of the Greek language and could understand so much more than I could attempt to say. After using the CD's I have been able to construct sentences more efficiently and with past and future tenses. However, there needs to be a Greek III to continue the learning because the way it is now it just stops and you are left hanging. The CD's are awesome and the voices on them are the native tongue so my pronunciation is perfect. I like that the speaker repeats the newly learned words many times and in many different combinations of sentences. I can't wait to learn more.