Learn to Speak and Understand German with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: CD
- Lessons: 10
- ISBN: 9780743550734
- Availability: In Stock: Usually ships within 1 business day
List Price: $24.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 10 lessons on 5 CDs
German is the official language of Germany and Austria and is one of the official languages of Switzerland, Belgium, Lichtenstein, and Luxembourg. Nearly 100 million people speak German as their first language: about 77 million in Germany, 8 million in Austria, and 4.5 million in Switzerland.
- Ten 30-minute lessons of spoken German language instruction (the first ten Units of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Comprehensive Program).
- Essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drinks and to give and ask for directions. Learn to speak with near-native pronunciation.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
Comments about German, Basic:
We buy one of the Pimsleur CD's before travel to other countries. We listen to them in the car for several weeks before each trip to learn basic words and phrases in a new language. As a former teacher I think the Immersion approach is the best and most lasting way to learn a new language. Traveling Tracy