ESL Spanish Phase 2, Units 1-30
Learn to Speak and Understand English as a Second Language with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3 ( Also available in: CD )
- Lessons: 30
- ISBN: 9781442329058
- Availability: Available for immediate download
List Price: $119.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 30 lessons and reading instruction (16 hours) as MP3 download, plus PDF user's guide and reading booklet
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes - with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose. English for Spanish Speakers Phase 2 includes 15 hours of spoken language practice and one additional hour of reading instruction, and is designed to be used after completion of Phase 1.
- In the first 10 lessons of Phase 2, you begin to use the past tense – we ate, we went, we bought, and more. Structures become more complex and informal speech is introduced. Conversations become fuller, and learners are given tools to discuss business and social activities, manage shopping situations, and express their personal preferences and interests. As you progress, vocabulary is expanded and fluency increases.
- The next 10 lessons allow you to further combine and build upon known elements, and produce longer and more complex sentences with confidence. You gain practice visiting the home of a colleague and dealing with business situations. You learn to bargain with shopkeepers, get and give medical information, get details about a colleague’s trip, and discuss the weather at length, a skill that is useful in any language.
- In the final 10 lessons, you'll double your vocabulary and have several hundred structures to draw upon. In these lessons, you will gain experience asking for assistance and using relative structures – faster, slower, more or less expensive, etc. By the end of Phase 2, you’re speaking at a mid-intermediate level with near-native pronunciation, and you are comfortable meeting most social demands and limited job requirements.
Reading Lessons begin in Unit 10. In addition, combined Reading Lessons from all the units are included at the end. These lessons, which total about an hour, are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
Comments about ESL Spanish Phase 2, Units 1-30:
I love it because I can use it in the car when I'm driving. And it is very understandable and easy to learn. Also, I think it is great for the Pronuntiation.