ESL Italian Phase 2, Units 1-30
Learn to Speak and Understand English as a Second Language with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3 ( Also available in: CD )
- Lessons: 30
- ISBN: 9781442326828
- Availability: Available for immediate download
List Price: $119.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 30 lessons and reading instruction (16 hours) as MP3 download, plus PDF user's guide and reading booklet
Can learning another language be as easy as speaking your own? Yes - with Pimsleur it’s that easy. Learn on your own time, at your own pace, and wherever you choose. English for Italian Speakers Phase 2 includes 15 hours of spoken language practice and one additional hour of reading instruction, and is designed to be used after completing Phase 1.
- In the first 10 lessons of Phase 2, you begin to use the past tense. Structures become more complex and informal speech is introduced. Conversations become fuller, and learners are able to discuss business and social activities, manage shopping situations, and express their interests. As you progress, vocabulary is expanded and fluency increases.
- The next 10 lessons of Phase 2 allow you to further combine and build upon known elements, and produce longer and more complex sentences. You learn to bargain with shopkeepers, deal with business situation, get and give medical information, and discuss the weather.
- In the final 10 lessons of Phase 2, you’ve doubled your vocabulary and have several hundred structures to draw upon. You’ll gain experience asking for assistance, finding a location that is some distance away, and using relative structures – faster, slower, etc. Sports and leisure activities are explored, as well as shopping, changing money, and future travel plans. By the end of Phase 2, you’re speaking at a mid-intermediate level with near-native pronunciation, and you are comfortable meeting most social demands and limited job requirements.
Reading Lessons begin in Unit 10. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to give you practice reading English, and to provide you with some insight into American culture with proverbs, common expressions, and a broad look at things you’ll see when visiting America. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.