Learn to Speak and Understand Czech with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: CD
- Lessons: 16
- ISBN: 9780743551175
- Availability: Usually ships within 1 business day
List Price: $49.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 16 lessons on 8 CDs
Czech is the official language of the Czech Republic. There are approximately 12 million native speakers. The two largest dialect groups in the Czech Republic are Bohemian (most widely spoken) and Hanak Moravian, spoken in the southeast. Pimsleur's Czech teaches the Bohemian dialect.
- Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Czech language instruction. These sixteen lessons are the same as the first sixteen lesson of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Comprehensive Program.
- Each lesson includes an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures and includes practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary. Topics include: greetings, numbers, meals, shopping, telling time, scheduling activities, and asking and giving directions.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
- Receive an instant credit of $150 to trade up from the Conversational to the full Level 1 Comprehensive CD course.
Pimsleur® equals success. Just one 30-minute lesson a day gets you speaking and understanding like no other program.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- Perfects Accent
- No writing component
- Just for fun
Comments about Czech, Conversational:
I like that the CDs could be listened to in my car and that they were 30 minutes each. My drive to work is only 15 minutes so I could do one lesson a day and repeat it the next day if I needed to. I was able to complete 16 lessons before my trip. I wish they had more nouns that were covered, as the topics on the CDs were very limited and I could say so few things, but I said it with really great pronunciation from listening to the tapes. The down side of that is that people thought I knew more than I did.