Chinese (Mandarin), Basic
Learn to Speak and Understand Mandarin Chinese with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: CD
- Lessons: 10
- ISBN: 9780743550758
- Availability: Usually ships within 1 business day
List Price: $24.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 10 lessons on 5 CDs
This course teaches Mandarin, also known as Standard Chinese. Mandarin is the official spoken language in Mainland China and Taiwan. It is also widely spoken in Singapore and Malaysia, and it is one of the five official languages of the UN. Mandarin is used in Chinese schools, colleges, universities, and in the media. Learn Mandarin Chinese today with Pimsleur.
Mandarin Chinese, Basic
- Ten 30-minute lessons of spoken Mandarin Chinese language instruction. These 10 lessons are the same as the first 10 lessons in the Pimsleur Comprehensive Level I program.
- Each lesson includes an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures and includes practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drinks, and to give and ask for directions.
- Learn to speak with near-native pronunciation.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- It Works
- Perfects Accent
- No writing component
Comments about Chinese (Mandarin), Basic:
I have been using this product in addition to learning in a classroom setting. I definitely get alot out of Pimsleur that I wouldn't necessarily get out of class. It teaches you comprehension and sentence structure. I am truly enjoying my 1/2 hour a day. Usually I try to listen to the same lesson more than once, this is really helpful. I really enjoy using this method and think most would too. Would really like to have Pimsleur 4 available as well!!