Arabic (Modern Standard) Phase 1, Unit 26-30
Learn to Speak and Understand Modern Standard Arabic with Pimsleur Language Programs
- This Edition: MP3
- Lessons: 5
- ISBN: 9781442360297
- Availability: Available for immediate download
List Price: $21.95
Free Audio Lesson
Learn a new language while commuting, while cleaning the house, or working out. Like millions before you, discover the power of the scientifically sequenced and portable Pimsleur Method.
Includes 5 lessons (150 minutes) as MP3 download
About Modern Standard Arabic
- Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), also known as Standard Arabic or Literary Arabic, is the variety of Arabic used in writing and in formal speech.
- MSA is spoken by an estimated 300 million people world-wide.
- It is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- Modern Standard Arabic is the official language of all Arab countries, and is the only form of Arabic taught in schools at all levels. Because of this, MSA is the lingua franca of all educated Arabic-speakers, regardless of nationality or spoken native dialect.
- It is used in the news, schools, official documents, and courts of law.
- MSA bears great resemblance to Classical Arabic; the language of ancient poetry and the Quran.
- The Modern Standard Arabic alphabet contains 28 basic letters and is read from right to left.
The Pimsleur® Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn a new language. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat! Modern Standard Arabic Phase 1, Unit 26-30 build on material taught in prior units. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Each lesson contains practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Modern Standard Arabic.
Reading Lessons are included at the end of Unit 30 and provide you with an introduction to reading Modern Standard Arabic. These lessons are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio lessons is also included in PDF format.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- It Works
Comments about Arabic (Modern Standard) Phase 1, Unit 26-30:
Had to brush up for an entrance interview and downloaded a few modules of the Arabic course. I was very satisfied. Luckily I guessed correctly where I fell in the progression. Long story short, I breezed through the interview after not having spoken for years thanks in part to the download. Would strongly recommend this systen